Old February 10th 04, 10:22 AM
BarryNL

squirrel wrote:
Hey,

I'm currently building a new system for the first time, but have come across
a problem. I have just installed 2 HDD, Floppy Drive and CD-Rom drive, but
when I go to power on the system nothing happens, apart from the fans etc
going on?? Is there something I have done wrong here. I have the 2 HDD
connected together and into the primary motherboard connector, and the
CD-rom drive into the secondary slot, and the floppy drive in its own slot.

Any help would be great.

Firstly, I assume you mean "when you power on the system and press on
soft-power-on button, which is correctly connected to the motherboard".
If you don't mean this then your problem probably lies there.

Otherwise, go back to basics, try powering up with just the mobo,
videocard, memory and processor and see if you get the BIOS screen. If
this works, add the other components back one at a time until it fails
and, bingo, you have your problem.

Cheers