Old June 29th 03, 02:10 PM
nECrO

"Timberwolf" wrote in message
Hi there

I'm creating a new PC - I'd like to find out which
CPU will give better performance in a PC used for
digital video editing:

An AMD Athlon XP 1800+ or an Intel Pentium 2GHz?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gary Hendricks
http://www.build-your-own-computers.com

Talk about loaded questions! ) I believe S.Heenan is right in saying that
the Intel 2Ghz chip has a slight edge. But not much. I checked pricewatch
and found that the PIV 2Ghz is roughly 3 times the price of the AthlonXP
1800+. For the same $ as The PIV 2Ghz you could buy an AthlonXP 2700+ that
would outperform the PIV. Put that 2700+ on an inexpensive Epox Mobo with an
Nvidia Nforce2 chipset and it will fly by the PIV 2Ghz. Just my 2
nECrO