Old June 18th 04, 07:33 AM
Graeme

"Chris Stolworthy" wrote in message

"bam" wrote in message
first off i know this a widely asked question about motherboards,and

you
can only spend so much time googling a subject before getting frustrated

and
bored.so iam sorry in advance for asking a question that has been asked

over
and over.
like i said iam building a computer strictly for games.i plan on using

p4 3.2 or 3.4,1 gig or more of ram.there will be some networking

involved
because this comp will not touch the internet.it will be connected to
another comp that will do all the upgrading.then files transfered over.
the motherboards iam trying to decide between are the abit IC7-max3

and
the asus p4c800-edeluxe.i have been doing online research for about a

month
and i cannot decide.am i overlooking a board that may be better.like i

said
this is strictly for games.i do not know how to overclock, so that will

not
affect my decision.thanks in advance.

I have had good luck with tha Abit board, I am running it in one of my
systems and 2 of my friends run it. No problems whatsoever, I love it.

Can I ask if boards from Gigabyte are considered to be of the same quality
as Asus & Abit ?