Old May 10th 04, 03:41 AM
MCheu

On Mon, 10 May 2004 03:42:27 +0200, "Alon Brodski"
wrote:

Hello world!

I have a question...since original HP cartridges are very expensive.....In
Israel they cost $10 more a piece ,than in the US.
Here it would cost $42 .And there's no way for sure to know when the ink is
completely ran out,except just to see it on a paper (fading colors and
such)...so my question is:does it damage the PRINTER itself in some way to
use the cartridge till the end (even after getting low ink messeges)?

Thanks in advance,
Alon.

Anything's possible if you try hard enough, but I doubt very much that
dry firing an inkjet printer will damage it. The only part that might
be damaged in such a maneuver might be the printhead, and most HP
inkjets have the head integrated to the inktank, so it's replaced with
each ink cartridge anyways.

The only situation where I think it might become an issue is if you
intend to refill them (assuming HP hasn't chipped their cartridges to
prevent this). Waiting until the tank is dry pretty much ensures that
the ink sponge has dried and clotted, at which point, it won't hold
any ink.

MCheu