Old May 28th 14, 11:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell PA-10 ac adapter center pin

Looks like this thread is regaining some life...if there's still anyone interested in my original source for reading the chip, I'll dig through my old files and see if I still have it, I pretty much had the entire command structure written up in code so it shouldn't be too hard for someone else to finish it. Maybe I'll even whip up a new version. Let me know.

I'm interested in your code, so send it to me please.
Regarding CRC, is it true that it is CRC16 and NOT CRC8, which must be used?

I had to stop coding, as I've burnt 2 elements on D830 motherboard, which prevents even original functional dell power supplies, to be recognized.
I can't continue before I fix MBO.
It is not a big deal, I just need info from someone who has D830 MBO:

http://postimg.org/image/3srx9dxel/

In attached picture, are marked 3 small transistors.
Could you please take magnifier and powerful source of light to read code from them.
The most left one, resides near MBO's mark PD2, has code KJG.
The other 2, to the right, closest to the power jack, which codes do they have?