Old January 17th 05, 01:27 PM
Ray K

JM wrote:

Just thought I'd post the solution to my A7N8X RAM issues at 200mhz DDR that
I asked about a couple of weeks ago.. After trying 3 different brands of
generic and Kingston RAM, I borrowed some from a friend with an A7N8X-E that
was rated at CAS2.5, and had no problems.
With that in mind I took a chance and bought a 1gig kit from OCZ rated at
CAS2.5, and these two sticks work great!
I'm glad I found something that works, but it was a bit of a fight getting
to this point... one thing's for sure, I won't be buying Kingston again...

Since 3 different brands of generic memory also didn't work, why single
out just Kingston to boycott?

Were any of the generic or Kingston brands rated at CAS2.5? If not, then
the blame isn't with them. Does the motherboard manual (or website)
specify a recommended CAS or give a list of approved brands of RAM? If
so, was Kingston on the approved list?