Old December 17th 06, 04:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
M.A.Elstrom

Default !!WARNING !! Intel Core 2 Duo Stock Heatsinks !! WARNING!!

Only comment I can make on this thread is that the one that came with
my E6700 had the factory thermal paste inconsistently applied, leaving
open voids. I stripped it and applied Artic Siler 5. The heatsink
base was, however, dead flat.

Maelstrom

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:38:31 -0400, Barry Watzman
wrote:

I don't think it's "typical", but there may have been a run of bad
heatsinks ... it may be typical of the bad ones.

Jerry wrote:

"It's Not Me" wrote in message
snip

I guess I should mention that my heat sink was concave to the

extreme,

I estimate in the range of 0.015 inch gap in middle of heat sink

when

checked with a straight edge.

Hell that is a lot, if yours is typical there has to be a serious
design problem here!...