Old December 3rd 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ken

Default Failing CD-Rom Samsung CD Master 24E SN124---replacement recos?

I have a Slimline computer the size of a pizza box that I purchased a
few years ago from PC Power and Cooling. It serves us well.

It has a Samsung CD-Rom: CD Master 24E SN124 CD-Rom which is on its
last legs. It is an ATAPI slim optical drive and it is a notebook piece
of equipment. I would like to replace it with a DVD R/W drive and would
appreciate any advice people can provide.

Thanks
Ken K