Old July 4th 03, 04:47 PM
palco

(Bob Eager) wrote in message ...
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:34:47 UTC, "Rob Martin" wrote:

I have seen the CPU and discussed the matter with the Technical Manager.

I will be emailing you on Friday.

I hope the OP lets us know how Aria handle this. The abive strikes me as
vaguely unpromising....!

Robin Martin sent me a jpeg picture of the cpu and there was indeed
some damage to it,my guess is that happened when the cpu was being
removed to be sent back .I was also informed that the chip was never
tested by Aria.Being told that the chip works which caused the whole
confusion was human error and really we all make mistakes.

Retailers should be not be accountable for chips damaged by the
consumer so i will be shopping with Aria in the future.I do believe
their customer sevice gets it right the vast majority of the time.
Having somebody check out exactly what happened quelled my doubts and
i would say Aria is a decent company.

As for AMD chips i will definately be voting with my feet back to the
Intel camp,my only reason for going AMD this time was to try the
Nforce2 socket A motherboards but now i think a working celeron cpu is
much better than a dead brittle XP chip.
Main problem now is how to let the system builder know what has
happened as i told him a week ago that the chip was alright,i'm not
worried about the cost of the chip but this would damage his
confidence.