Old February 6th 04, 11:19 AM
Gereon Wenzel

If its on _all_ the time this sound like a cable twisted by 180 degrees?

Hey, you are right! :-) It works!! Stupid me... On the other side of the
cable it said "this side up". Wouldn't it make more sense if the back side
had said "this side down"?!

Just a shot in the dark from own painful experience. (o;

Actually I'm trying to install Linux on the machine, but now the scsi drives
are giving me hard times. Red Hat 7.3 does not have the appropriate drivers.
Anyone out there who could direct me to the right place for this?

For me the the Tekram driver supplied with SuSE worked with the onboard
AMD SCSI. The Tekram DC-390 uses the same AMD SCSI chip.
No experience with Red Hat yet.
There may be a module called AM53C974 or tmscsim
http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/dc390/
There seem to be many people using this machine with LINUX,
even the onboard sound looks to be supported.
The onboard NIC is a PCI version of the AMD Lance chip called AMD
PC-Net.

Gereon

P.S. Feel free to ask further questions.