Old February 25th 04, 01:34 PM
Bob

I will soon be using Drive Image to clone the hard drive that my XP
SP1A (NTFS) system boots from, on to a new drive. I also have other
hard drives in my system used as data storage (non-bootable). I've
cloned lots of boot drives before, but this will be my first one under
XP SP1A.

My past practice had me always swapping both the power and IDE cables
from the source (the drive I just cloned) drive over to the new drive
after the clone finished and before the first boot of the new drive.

Question: Is this practice still OK?

I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's gotten pretty diverse
and hard to follow, but I thought I'd try and get a straight-forward
answer to help me in my upcoming situation.

Thanks,
Bob