Old December 9th 04, 07:15 PM
Glenn

Remove the drivers for your soundcard completely;
- Use Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel if you've installed with
the setup program.

I couldn't find anything in the control panel
- Then go "Control Panel"/"System"/"Hardware" tab/"Device Manager" - Select
the option to "Show hidden devices" in the "View" menu.
- Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers".
- Right-click and choose "Uninstall" the "Creative Game Port" and the
"Creative SB Audigy..." Do NOT reboot.

I did this
- Now expand the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" and uninstall "PfDetNT" (or
similar called pfmod or/and pfmodnt -- uninstall them all) Do NOT reboot
untill all of them have been uninstalled.

Couldn't find anything similar in "non-plug and play drivers"
(- *)
- Now reboot.
- Cancell the automatic installation of drivers.

I did this
- Install by running the CD.

I got the "no sound blaster detected" message again. grrr.

* = You might have to do it even more thorough by removing all the Creative
oem*.inf files in C:\Windows\inf\ before the reboot step. Open each of them
and if they contain "Creative Technology Ltd." - delete them and the
corresponding *.pnf

I did this as well before I rebooted, there were 2 or 3 entries I deleted.

Hope this helps.

As to the original question in this thread I think there might be an option,
but that involves using 3rd party drivers instead of the drivers from
Creative. They can be found he
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?language=en

I installed the kx project drivers, they detected the card fine. I then
chose 4.1 surround sound and set the surround option to "copy", and I
now have twin stereo output! Hooray!

Thanks for your help.

Glenn