Old December 8th 04, 07:34 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Glenn wrote:
I don't think I have the windows driver loaded. I uninstalled the
creative driver and rebooted, and there was no sound and the windows new
hardware installation asked me to install a new driver for the sound
card. (so no windows driver?)

I cancelled the windows new hardware installation and tried to run the
creative CD. It complained about sound card not detected.

One possibility is that my on-board sound is confusing the Creative
applications, but it is disabled in the bios. I ASSume it isn't working
in windows, but I don't have any speakers plugged into the on-board
sound. Do I need to disable it from within Windows XP as well?

You shouldn't have to. You could try reseating the card in the slot, as
this sort of thing happens if the card isn't seated properly in the slot.