Old August 1st 18, 06:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default USB 3.0 hub question

Yes wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub for my pc. I'm
looking for one that has about an 18 to 20 inch cable length and will
use the older 3.0 USB connectors (Type A ???). Are there any hubs
being made that fit those conditions? Who is making them?

The ones I saw at newegg look to have cords about 6 inches long. That
is not long enough given where my pc is located. FWIW, my mobo does
not have the onboard UsB 3.0 connector to enable using USB hubs that
fit into 3.5" and 5.5 bays.

Thanks,

John

The hubs with the captive or attached cables seem to be
relatively short.

The ones that list the word "detachable" seem a bit longer.
Try "USB3 hub detachable" in a search.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIA5MP7AR8593

There's no particular technical reason for these choices.
They could use a 3 meter cable, at which point the dielectric
properties would have to improve before the cable could
be made longer.

Paul