Old September 6th 17, 09:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default HP Color Laser Jet 1600

wrote:
On Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 2:04:24 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
HannaK wrote:
Anybody? Any suggestion?

Hanna
This is not a cartridge problem since one of your cartridges works OK in
another printer.
There is an issue with this printer and some others that are similar with
dust
getting on to the laser lenses, this appears to affect magenta (red) first
because the magenta lense is at the bottom of the laser array.
The problem is that the laser assembly needs to be removed so that the
lenses
can be cleaned with compressed air or dry cotton swabs. This is a
complicated
job and takes quite some time.
I cannot be sure this problem is what you are experiencing but I think it is.
There is an instruction for doing this work. Is your e-mail address valid,
if
so I will send the instruction to you but whoever does the work will need to
be
technically skilled to remove the laser assembly from the printer.
Tony

Tony, I work for a school and they have the link block on how to fix the red
printing problem. Can you please send me the PDF file to my school email?

thank you so much

I cannot remember this post from the hundreds if queries I receive each year
but will see if I can find the link and send you whatever I get. Give me a few
days.
Good luck
Tony