Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gel
Forum: Printers November 20th 11, 10:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
Changing back up battery in Canon MP830 fax/printer

This unit is few years old and the fax doesn't retain it's date etc.
Anyone ever attempted fitting new back up battery?

I guess it wouldn't be a simple disc type as used in PC Towers
Forum: Printers June 5th 11, 08:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Gel
pixma mp750 error

On May 17, 9:11*pm, Bill wrote:
Hi

I have a canon pixma mp750 printer.
The Alarm led flashes and the display says "degager papier" but there's
no paper anywhere in...
Forum: Printers April 30th 11, 05:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Gel
Scan to PDF

On Apr 10, 8:40*pm, Robert Neville wrote:
me at wrote:
Looking for printers with built in scanner that can scan output
directly to a pdf file....
Forum: Printers December 17th 10, 06:52 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Gel
Printer recommendation?

On Dec 12, 12:13*pm, Terry Pinnell wrote:
My ancient Epson Stylus C82 is suddenly delivering very poor quality
output, so far not fixable. I want to replace it...
Forum: Printers December 13th 10, 10:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Gel
Printer recommendation?

On Dec 12, 12:13*pm, Terry Pinnell wrote:
My ancient Epson Stylus C82 is suddenly delivering very poor quality
output, so far not fixable. I want to replace it...
Forum: Printers January 15th 10, 12:14 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Gel
Canon MP780 ink problems

On 14 Jan, 00:49, "Trevor Wilson" wrote:
"pip22" wrote in message

try methylated spirit...
Forum: Printers December 17th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Gel
Head cleaning

On 15 Dec, 19:46, Al wrote:
On Dec 14, 9:17*pm, BF wrote:

Why don't the printer manufacturers let you clean the particular head
that is...
Forum: Printers October 31st 09, 07:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Gel
Recent Windows update stops Brother MFC620 printing multiple copies

I have tried various settings as suggested elsewhere but it hasn't
cured a recent problem, whereby no matter how many print copies I
request, the printer only generates one.

Any suggestions valued.
Forum: Printers July 5th 09, 08:45 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Gel
Canon MP830 for UK use; can it detect distinctive ring (DRPD)?

Anyone know if there's a work round so that a Canon MP830 fax can
detect "distintive ring tone"
as I have for a 2nd number on my line?
ie when it hears that tone it automatically takes immediately as...
Forum: Printers April 5th 09, 11:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Gel
Incredible shrinking cartridges

On 5 Apr, 07:45, "Bob Headrick" wrote:
"Walter R." wrote in message

:

My old HP printer, a deskjet 970, had 41...
Forum: Printers February 16th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
Canon MP780 Fax

Are you only switching on after call has come in; or is it not
responding when fax is on??

In LCD is it showing tel/fax or fax only, or something similar?

Have you, assuming phone is plugged in on...
Forum: Printers January 18th 09, 07:20 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
Samsung SF-370

Visit

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDownMain.do

On 18 Jan, 16:02, "Perkan" wrote:
Hi, I recently bought this fax/printer machine but I didn't...
Forum: Printers December 20th 08, 09:05 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By Gel
Any (UK) reccommended ink suppliers please?

Can recommend
http://www.inkinkink.net/

A uk supplier in Wales.

On 19 Dec, 16:48, measekite wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:59:26 +0000, Michael J Davis wrote:
Forum: Printers August 17th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
Canon Cli compatable cartridges

Dan

http://www.inkinkink.net/

On 17 Aug, 08:41, Gel wrote:
See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling,
swopping chip over.
Price is quite...
Forum: Printers August 17th 08, 08:41 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
Canon Cli compatable cartridges

See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling,
swopping chip over.
Price is quite a lot more than existing; anyone used one yet?

Curios as to whether ink counter works
(Canon...
Forum: Printers January 21st 08, 10:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 20
Posted By Gel
Re-thinking Inkjets

A step ahead would be a waste ink tank that's easy to clean/replace
IMO!!

On 21 Jan, 06:45, Frank wrote:
measekite wrote:

...his usual lying SPAM!
heheheh...is this guy a...
Forum: Printers October 31st 07, 10:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By Gel
Canon CLI-8 refills and compats

There are Chinese chipped cartridges now, but not seen in UK yet.

Whether they crack ink level problem, I know not!!

On 31 Oct, 15:16, "DanG" wrote:
"Niels Erik"...
Forum: Printers October 22nd 07, 04:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Gel
Brother Error Code 41 Class action

See

http://www.fazmiclaw.com/brother.html
Forum: Printers August 18th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Gel
"paper is jammed" "at the transport" error message-Canon Mp830 (false error)

From Canon Self Help site:

E-mail this solution
Print this solution

Title Print E-mail
How to remove jammed paper (sheet feeder)
Case Id: 40766

Solutions
Forum: Printers August 18th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Gel
Canon MP830 memory card STUCK !

When you see the price of Canon Cartridges is it any wonder; the
occasional cost of an easily fitted printhead more than compensates.

Re your problem, assume you can't get the end of a pair of...
Forum: Printers June 16th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Gel
Cannon MP780 manual fax

Have you cheked phone cable disconnected from phone &
put in fax; then lead from the output socket to phone;
is call waiting taking call too soon.

On Jun 15, 4:10 am, Terry ...
Forum: Printers April 24th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Gel
Cleaning inkjet print heads

Look he

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff11.html

On Apr 24, 9:20 am, Arthur Entlich wrote:
Sometimes printing out areas of colors will unblock a clogged set...
Forum: Printers April 17th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Gel
Best Canon ink refill in the UK?

Try:

http://www.inkinkink.net/index.php/cPath/35?oscsid=6fac5ee133828ebb4291cde613b11cd9

Always good service

On Apr 17, 1:51 pm, "Stick Stickus" wrote:
Hi John,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 21st 07, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Gel
keyboard(?) problem

Thanks; done that but annoyingly now though I cam enter BIOS by
holding DEL
key at splash screen, the options screen then comes up/, but the
keyboard
then doesnt work and let me navigate!

Just have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 07, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Gel
keyboard(?) problem

I have similar problem; unfortunately my boot up stops if it doesnt
see
a Ps2 KEYBOARD.

When it misbehaves stalls at this point and offers Del or F1 options;
but as keyboard
doesnt work, have to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32