Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 2.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: visions of effty
Forum: General August 26th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By visions of effty
Pioneer DVR-111 DVDRW - drive won't boot

"Qaz" wrote in message

On 25-Aug-2006, "visions of effty" wrote:

I've just replaced...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By visions of effty
Pioneer DVR-111 DVDRW - drive won't boot

"Qaz" wrote in message

I've just replaced a dead DVDRW drive with a Pioneer DVR-111.
I'm no longer able to boot from CD...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By visions of effty
Dell Dimension 5000 power supply - replacemant.

"Poly-poly man" wrote in message
wrote:

Hello,

I've sent my computer to the computer repair shop and...
Forum: General August 24th 06, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By visions of effty
Dell Dimension 5000 power supply - replacemant.

wrote in message
Hello,

I just need to know if it is possible to replace this without having to
spend £130+...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By visions of effty
"Write-aside" disk drives--do they exist?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
visions of effty writes:

I always like your posts. You have such interesting...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By visions of effty
"Write-aside" disk drives--do they exist?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
It has occurred to me that one could build a completely malware-proof
PC by installed special...
Forum: General August 21st 06, 01:20 AM Posted to alt.hacker,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 77
Posted By visions of effty
cooling computer with refrigerator

"shegeek72" wrote in message
I've been thinking about blowing cold air into a puter case. Water
cooling only...
Forum: General August 14th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By visions of effty
Memory problem

"John Smith" wrote in message
My brother has a AXPER XP-P4VM533 motherboard and I'm having problems with
it recognizing the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 11th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By visions of effty
Several issues in one

"Hackworth" wrote in message

Finally, it could very well be that the power supply in this case is also
failing. It...
Forum: General August 11th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By visions of effty
Switching off wireless signal?

wrote in message
I'm interested in buying a DLink wireless router and want to know if its
possible in general with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 8th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By visions of effty
Won't most ATX cases accept micro ATX boards?

"Mike T." wrote in message

"Larc" wrote in message
Forum: General August 6th 06, 05:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By visions of effty
motherboard to an ATX case

"UCLAN" wrote in message
wrote:

Is there a way to connect a Dell Optiplex motherboard to an ATX case?

I noticed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 06, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By visions of effty
Help me buy birthday present for nephew?

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On 31 Jul 2006 15:33:17 -0700, wrote:

visions of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 06, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By visions of effty
Help me buy birthday present for nephew?

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
My nephew will be having a birthday in abt 3 weeks

He needs new speakers for his computer

He...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 30th 06, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By visions of effty
HELP !!!! CPU / motherboard shortage

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi guys, I need some proffessional's help!

You know this blue...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
AMD
Posted By visions of effty
AMD

"EDM" wrote in message
"visions of effty" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
AMD
Posted By visions of effty
AMD

wrote in message
Dear all:

AMD Athlon 64 3300+ 2.40GHz / 256KB Cache / 1600MHz FSB / OEM / Socket
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.computer.workshop
Replies: 5
Posted By visions of effty
How does speed control work on Antec case fans?

"johns" wrote in message

I never hook them to the mobo. Reason is sometimes
fan alarms in the BIOS are set...
Forum: General July 24th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By visions of effty
Intel Ruining The pc gaming industry?

wrote in message

(snip for brevity)

In each case the PC was largely a sunk cost, spent already. They had
a DELL or HP...
Forum: General July 24th 06, 03:46 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,microsoft.public.windowsme.general,alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 6
Posted By visions of effty
Help. SONY VAIO notebook computer CD ROM does not work

wrote in message
I never opened a notebook computer. Can I open the back gently and
reset the drive...
Forum: General July 24th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By visions of effty
Installed new SATA hard drive, can't find old IDE hard drive

"Lynne" wrote in message

Try connecting the drive to the secondary IDE connector alone.
If it...
Forum: General July 21st 06, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Lynne" wrote in message

Try connecting the drive to the secondary IDE connector alone.
If it...
Forum: General July 19th 06, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By visions of effty
How much ram do you need for XP?

"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message

"visions of effty" wrote in message
Forum: General July 19th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By visions of effty
How much ram do you need for XP?

"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Yeah, most obviously with Vista...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 15th 06, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By visions of effty
'Open' ATX Case?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3387

Like this one!

Ideal, but pretty expensive.

Very nice though. You could get your test bench pretty far on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33