Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bealoid
Forum: General March 31st 08, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.security,comp.security.misc,alt.computer.security,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.keyboard
Replies: 8
Posted By bealoid
USB device that can send keystrokes?

Saqib Ali wrote in news:337f83df-f1a5-46af-848e-
:

For some security testing, I am looking for a USB device that can send
Forum: General December 7th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By bealoid
Just a crazy backup thought / discussion

"GT" wrote in news:475925a3$0$19645$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

"Rookie" wrote in message
"philo"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By bealoid
building small, low spec, machines

John McGaw wrote in
:

bealoid wrote:

[snip]

I'm having real trouble finding small displays at a sensible price.
has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By bealoid
building small, low spec, machines

(Cross posted, follow ups set to achp-h)

I like the small size, and reduced functionality, of computers such as the
ASUS eee pc. That's the kind of size, price and power that I'm after.

How easy...
Forum: General December 5th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By bealoid
building small, low spec, machines

(Cross posted, follow ups set to achp-h)

I like the small size, and reduced functionality, of computers such as the
ASUS eee pc. That's the kind of size, price and power that I'm after.

How easy...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By bealoid
Why widescreen in monitors

Geri wrote in
:

I’m looking for a new LCD monitor something around 19 or 20 inches. My
question is why widescreen? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By bealoid
Why widescreen in monitors

"Fergus" wrote in
:

"Geri" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 7th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 70
Posted By bealoid
New boot disk - What freeware to reinstall (here is my list, for starters)

Erica Eshoo wrote in news:zj%Xi.2580$RR6.979
@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

[snip]

May I ask:
What does either WinRar or WinZip payware do that IZArc freeware...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 9th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By bealoid
Data Robotics "Drobo". Anyone ever heard of this?

Aidan Karley wrote in
:

[snip]

Seeing what file system is used would be a good...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 31st 07, 12:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By bealoid
Need spare part for my fried Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2

"HDRDTD" wrote in
:

"TorbenGB" wrote in message
Forum: General July 27th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 87
Posted By bealoid
Windows XP optimization tricks

Conor wrote in
:

[snip]

Ok, ****wit. I've been building PCs for 17 years.

Better?

Not really, if you can't get...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 27th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 91
Posted By bealoid
Windows XP optimization tricks

Conor wrote in
:

[snip]

Ok, ****wit. I've been building PCs for 17 years.

Better?

Not really, if you can't get...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 25th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By bealoid
reducing capacity for marketing reasons?

I saw this link on another group:
http://blog.atola.com/restoring-factory-hard-drive-capacity/

The page contains this quote:

[quote]
Some manufacturers (for example, Dell and HP) use DCO to reduce...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 24th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By bealoid
External Hard Drive Storage - Security / Software

Ben wrote in news:1185181830.066534.297690@
57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

Hi

I've recently purchased a 500 gig external usb iomega hard drive and
was wondering is there...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 8th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By bealoid
building on your own a large data storage ...

Andre Majorel wrote in
:

[snip]

But at what price ? I haven't found any cheap 4-IDE-port cards.

But there are cheap 2 port...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 24th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By bealoid
Do you need to 'eject' USB HDD? Do they auto park at power-off?

John Turco wrote in
:

[snip]

Is the "safely remove drive" procedure, an absolute requirement?

Yes.

Since
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 24th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 21
Posted By bealoid
Is Blue-Ray and HD DVD Storage Destined To Failure?

John Slade wrote in
:

I've used CDs to store data
and it's readable eight years later.

.. . . but eight years is,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 22nd 07, 02:06 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By bealoid
US vs UK pricing

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB U133 16MB
mfr#: WD5000AAKB

This drive on NewEgg versus the same drive on...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 19th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By bealoid
7200rpm 2.5" harddisk

Steve Cousins wrote in news:4677F9E7.6040104
@maine.edu:

Man-wai Chang wrote:

So hard to find these days.. why? Got problems? There are plenty of
5400rpm...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 15th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By bealoid
encrypting backups?

Does anyone here encrypt their back ups?

I was readng this post in another group . . .
.. . .and it's something he suggests that...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 15th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By bealoid
Maxtor 40G HDD problem

wrote in
:

[snip]

Is drive toast or is there something that will fix this????

I'm not sure what you want to fix;...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 8th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By bealoid
Cleaing old / past data off of IDE Drives

On 8 May, 10:44, Moif Murphy
wrote:
Hi,

I have a couple of IDE Drives spare and I'd like to clean them up as
best as I can so they're completely blank...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 3rd 07, 10:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By bealoid
disk seems to have only 1/2 the stuff its size says

On 3 May, 00:42, "Beemer Biker" wrote:
Got XP Pro computer in from son.
[snip]

"from son" = "has had heaven knows what software running on it". The
machine might be trojaned...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 2nd 07, 10:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By bealoid
gunk problem on IBM laptop

On 1 May, 21:36, oktokie wrote:

{snip]
I am open to any ideas on how
to remove gunk

Assuming good faith I'd suggest that you use something like a stanley
knife blade, (or a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 10th 07, 10:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By bealoid
Hard Drive Repair Question Physical Problem with the drive

On 10 Apr, 21:10, Odie Ferrous wrote:

Sorry - you have totally lost me on this one.

Have a look at the images on this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41