Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 2.59 seconds.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 11th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 11, 8:09*pm, "Augustus" wrote:
Couple of ideas. With the default Windows driver running, reinstall Direct X
9.0c. Can you lay your hands on another AGP card? I'd be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 11th 08, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 11, 6:37*am, "Augustus" wrote:
I installed the VIA Hyperion driver, I tried to install the card
with WinXP SP1, SP2 and even SP3. I have Ghost backups of various
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 10th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 10, 10:25*pm, "Mr.E Solved!" wrote:
wrote:
I bought a used 7600GT AGP card (BIG brand) to be used in a second
system thrown together from...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 10th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 10, 8:41*pm, "Augustus" wrote:
wrote in message

I bought a used...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 10th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

I bought a used 7600GT AGP card (BIG brand) to be used in a second
system thrown together from left-over parts. The config is -

Sempron 64 2500+ S754
Asrock K8Upgrade-VM800 (VIA chipset)
384MB...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 16th 07, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
7300GS memory allocation

On Nov 16, 3:18 pm, Paul wrote:
wrote:
I know that 7300GS cards usually have some memory onboard and
borrow the rest as needed from the system...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 16th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
7300GS memory allocation

I know that 7300GS cards usually have some memory onboard and
borrow the rest as needed from the system memory. I've heard
about people with limited system memory complaining that this
severely...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 12th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

On Jun 12, 3:16 am, "Augustus" wrote:

Unless you paid in the $20 range, I'd return it. It's got crappy specs,
quite possibly some hardware issues, and it's certainly not an...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 11th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

On Jun 11, 11:04 pm, "Augustus" wrote:

It's likely some Dell OEM bizarre mixture. They're notorious for selling
great sounding video cards with subpar clockings.

Maybe...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 11th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

On Jun 11, 11:04 pm, "Augustus" wrote:
I have little experience with ATI-based cards. What does all
this indicate to you ATI gurus ?

I got these readings with...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 11th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

On Jun 11, 2:21 am, wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:47 am, "Augustus" wrote:

wrote in message

Forum: Ati Videocards June 10th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

On Jun 11, 12:47 am, "Augustus" wrote:
wrote in message

I'm having problems with a...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 10th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
ATI X800 - hardware or software problem ?

I'm having problems with a used X800 graphics card that I
bought online. Both the seller and the sticker say it's an X800
SE card, but Windows sees it as an X800GT. Brand unknown, and
it came without...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 3rd 07, 11:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Ti4200 installation problems (solved, but may be interesting).

Some time ago, I ran into a lot of trouble while doing a fresh
installation for someone. The computer was an AMD S754 2800+ on
an Asrock motherboard using a VIA KT800 (?) chipset, AGP, 512MB
and an...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 8th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where does the X800 SE rank ?

On May 8, 6:39 am, "KCB" wrote:
wrote in message

Can anyone please let me...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 7th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where does the X800 SE rank ?

On May 7, 7:09 am, "First of One" wrote:
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=1
TheX800 SEhas slightly higher fill rate, but almost twice the memory
bandwidth...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 6th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Where does the X800 SE rank ?

Can anyone please let me know where the old X800 SE GPU stands
in the general scheme of things ? THG's VGA charts give
comparative benchmarks that include other versions of the X800
but not the SE....
Forum: General April 18th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Can I place prottype board (power on) on top of silver anti-static bag and work?.

On Apr 17, 12:18 pm, larry moe 'n curly
wrote:
On Apr 16, 8:48 pm, GS wrote:

I don't have anti static mat in my cube, if I place...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 20th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Can partitioning a disk reduce booting trouble?

On Mar 16, 2:09 pm, Mark Dykstra wrote:
All the furry creatures in 24hoursupport.helpdesk gathered 'round and
watched as PeeCee said:

Forum: General March 15th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
How do I remove A hard Drive

On Mar 15, 11:50 pm, "Joe" wrote:
I have a older hp pavilion 9795. The hard drive needs replaced. The casing
for the computer only opens on one side. So I can only get the...
Forum: General March 15th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
PC Wouldn't Shut Off Now Won't Power Up

On Mar 15, 3:06 am, "The Browns" wrote:
Hi,

My PC had been refusing to shut off. Now it won't power up.
Can someone suggest a possible cause? Motherboard? Power
Forum: General March 10th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
My computer won't boot up

On Mar 10, 1:33 am, wrote:
Well. I turned on my computer today, and it starts, makes that fan
noise and then the fan dies down to a whisper and everything goes
fine. Or,...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
USB port does not work with USB2 devices.

I have WinXP SP2 on one of my computers which uses an Asrock
K8VM890 motherboard. It was only after some 6 months of use
that I discovered that it doesn't work properly with USB 2.0
devices such as a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 2nd 07, 09:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Matching CPU for 7600GT ?

On Feb 2, 5:56 am, "goPostal" wrote:

I've got a 6600GT I'd sell you for very little. It's catching dust in a
shelf right now. - Hide...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 1st 07, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Matching CPU for 7600GT ?

On Feb 1, 5:21 am, deimos wrote:
wrote:
What would be the minimum CPU speed that would not be a
serious bottleneck when paired with a 7600GT for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50