Showing results 1 to 25 of 78
Search took 2.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Intel Guy
Forum: Intel July 15th 13, 05:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Intel Guy
NSA and Intel

Anonymous wrote:

Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),
when you could backdoor the architecture?

I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel...
Forum: Intel March 25th 13, 01:30 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Intel Guy
Can a Pentium-4 CPU partially fail? (internal cache performancedegradation)

Bill Davidsen wrote:

But the memtest shows something interesting.

Instead of getting this:

L1 cache - 8kb - 20763 mb/sec
L2 cache - 512kb - 17714 mb/sec
Memory - 512mb ...
Forum: Intel March 23rd 13, 05:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Intel Guy
Can a Pentium-4 CPU partially fail? (internal cache performancedegradation)

I have several idential Soyo i845 motherboards that date from 2003 -
2005 time-frame, and several 2.53 ghz Pentium-4 CPU's (.13 micron single
core) with 8k/512k cache.

All boards have had various...
Forum: Intel February 6th 13, 04:36 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel Decides to Quit Making Motherboards

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Decides-to-Quit-Making-Motherboards-323372.shtml

January 23rd, 2013

Intel is mainly known for its central processors, but it also makes
other hardware, most...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 04:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 38
Posted By Intel Guy
The end of the road for the DIY PC?

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Intel has announced that they will stop making replaceable CPU's
after Haswell. From now on, all CPU's are supposed to be in BGA
packaging,

My first PC (besides a couple...
Forum: Intel October 4th 12, 02:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Intel Guy
Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was:willMIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

Robert Myers wrote:

Thost that are brain-dead enough to experience usenet through
google probably are not seeing this.

I have a Usenet subscription that I am paying for but I am not
Forum: Intel October 3rd 12, 03:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Intel Guy
Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was: willMIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

Robert Myers (a google-groper) wrote:

A A A Hardly. About 50% of Intel's profits were coming from notebook
A A
A A A the last time I looked, which was a while ago. It's fairly safe
A A
A A A...
Forum: Intel March 1st 11, 03:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By Intel Guy
'Sophisticated' armed robbers hit Fremont high-tech company

Technically, this is not directly about Intel, but I guess it could have
just as easily happened to them... ?

From Unigen's website:

=======================
Unigen Corporation, founded in 1991, is...
Forum: Intel December 11th 10, 02:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Intel Guy
usb connectors from a motherboard?

Robert Myers wrote:
I've never seen anything as simple as a 3.5" drive-bay bezel
with several USB ports that are wired to cables that plug
into the motherboard's 10-pin USB connectors.
Forum: Intel December 9th 10, 04:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Intel Guy
usb connectors from a motherboard?

shultzjr wrote:

(...)

Speaking of USB motherboard connectors, I've seen all sorts of
accessories for computers (various cables, fans, connectors and gadgets
for use inside the computer) but I've...
Forum: Intel November 20th 10, 03:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 9
Posted By Intel Guy
Anyone Windows Hardware With Energy Saving Equal to Apple MacMini?

Bill Davidsen wrote:

although mine will be RHEL6 for firewall use.

What would such a firewall do differently (or additionally) vs what your
NAT-enabled broad-band modem or LAN router would...
Forum: Intel November 18th 10, 12:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel to phase out 21 45nm CPUs

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20101115PD223.html

Intel to phase out several 45nm CPUs

Monica Chen, Taipei; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Tuesday 16 November 2010]

Intel has recently notified its...
Forum: Intel September 19th 10, 03:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Intel Guy
Asus Sabretooth M/B on sale at Newegg

Bill Davidsen wrote:

Asus has a new "Sabretooth" mobo on sale at the moment

Does it come with drivers for XP?

USB3

USB3 is a steaming crock of marketing **** at the present time.
Forum: Intel August 30th 10, 03:56 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Intel Guy
Abusive spam being posted via giganews by "computerbanter.com"

Bowtoilla wrote:

(http://horoskop365.org.pl/art/?t=horoskop-koziorozec) 'panna'
(http://horoskop365.org.pl/art/?t=horoskop-panna) 'bliznieta'
Forum: Intel August 30th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 41
Posted By Intel Guy
AMD kills off ATI brandname, finally

Yousuf Khan wrote:

AMD announces that the next generation of graphics from the company
will not use the ATI branding.

I don't know why these major brands are being killed like this.

ATI has...
Forum: Intel August 28th 10, 01:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel and USB-3: How are Nvidia and Microsoft involved?

Intel has been dragging it's feet over providing USB-3 support in it's
chipsets. This is because it really would rather see it's own "Light
Peak" fiber-optic solution become an industry standard...
Forum: General August 8th 10, 02:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 71
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel's agreement with the FTC

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I thought PC Card was PCI, ExpressCard (which I've never actually
seen in real life) was PCIe?

If you've handled a video card made during the past 3 or 4 years,...
Forum: General August 5th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 71
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel's agreement with the FTC

Robert Myers wrote:

You left out the part where the federal government is dictating
details of technology (PCI-X for six years).

Good news for fanboys. For the industry? For real...
Forum: General August 5th 10, 03:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 71
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel's agreement with the FTC

Robert Myers full-quoted:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20012636-64.html

"We cannot simply assume that the settlement equates to a victory
for consumers,"

Would doing nothing and...
Forum: Intel August 4th 10, 02:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Intel Guy
Intel's ten-year anti-trust case comes to an end

http://www.thinq.co.uk/2010/8/4/intels-ten-year-anti-trust-case-comes-end/

Intel's ten-year anti-trust case comes to an end

Agreement imminent

Chip giant Intel's ten-year battle...
Forum: Intel April 8th 10, 03:13 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Intel Guy
Microsoft ends Itanium - Intel says no problem

Intel: Itanium Will Survive Even Without Microsoft’s Support.

Intel Set to Continue Developing Itanium Processors Despite Competition
with Xeon
[04/06/2010 01:59 PM]
by Anton Shilov

In spite of...
Forum: Intel April 7th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Intel Guy
Microsoft to end Itanium support (after Server 2008 R2)

Microsoft ditches Itanium support

Following Red Hat out the door
By Lawrence Latif
Tue Apr 06 2010, 03:34

DEVELOPER WITH ENTERPRISE ASPIRATIONS Microsoft has announced that it
will cease supporting...
Forum: Intel March 21st 10, 07:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Intel Guy
CPU Specs

Nate Edel wrote:

While looking at Intel i7 CPU's I see names like Bloomfield,
Clarkdale, Gulftown, Prescott. What do they mean

Each of these is a the codename of the core...
Forum: Intel December 23rd 09, 10:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 17
Posted By Intel Guy
U.S. files antitrust suit against Intel -unfair tactics used againstrivals

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/16/AR2009121601121.html

U.S. files antitrust suit against Intel, alleges unfair tactics used
against rivals

By Cecilia Kang and Steven...
Forum: Intel December 15th 09, 03:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Intel Guy
Is Larrabee Dead?: The Tangled Future of CPUs and GPUs

December 11, 2009 -By Michael J. Miller
Is Larrabee Dead?: The Tangled Future of CPUs and GPUs

http://tinyurl.com/ydfglks

We've seen a lot of stories this week about Intel's announcement that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 78