Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Justin Goldberg
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 5th 09, 04:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Windows 95 almost had floppy insertion detection but the training cost was prohibitive

Franc Zabkar wrote in
:

Is this a late April Fool's joke?

Windows 95 almost had floppy insertion detection but the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 29th 09, 06:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Justin Goldberg
solar storm protection

yawnmoth wrote in news:0a6f4db8-4c2c-41f7-9691-
:

I was reading about the Solar storm of 1859 on wikipedia.org and about
how really...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Using XP SP3, how to get rid of boot loaders?

On Mar 24, 5:26*am, "Conor" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

... Most of the day I have...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 28th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Restore A Quick Formatted Drive In Windows? Also Cost Of IDE RAID

Forgot to post the ide raid question. I'll formulate and post that
question later.
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 28th 09, 11:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Restore A Quick Formatted Drive In Windows? Also Cost Of IDE RAID

I need a program that functions like HDD Regenerator, eg: to restore a
quick formatted partition. DOS and HDD Regenerator won't work with a
usb to ide disk adapter. GetDataBack and the like only want...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 28th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Looking for formatting tool

On Mar 28, 7:44*am, wrote:
Hi, I´m looking for a hdd formatting tool that can formats specific
partitions or whole hdd´s with the press of one button? The formatting
Forum: Gateway Computers November 22nd 08, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Next computer for wife

Hmmm. I learn something everyday.

On Nov 20, 9:30*pm, "Joan F \(MI\)"
wrote:
Mine runs nice and cool, surprised me how cool since it's an AMD chip which
I've...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 20th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 20
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Next computer for wife

On Nov 15, 6:17 pm, "Joan F \(MI\)"
wrote:
I started with Gateways but now have a Toshiba laptop which I like a lot. I
don't know if there is really much...
Forum: Gateway Computers November 15th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Gateway MP8708 notebook no video after post

On Nov 15, 12:39*am, Justin Goldberg .... wrote:

Also on this page[1] someone said:

The original hd serial n.o is tied in with the bios.

[1]http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=317718
Forum: Gateway Computers November 15th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Gateway MP8708 notebook no video after post

Is there even a BIOS screen with the new drive?

According to this page[1], there's nothing that can be done. But the
same thing has been said about the supposedly unbreakable bios
password chip on...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 30th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Drive Life Best Practice?

On Aug 29, 12:38*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Justin Goldberg wrote:
What is the best practice for extending your hard drive's life?

Make sure it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 30th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Justin Goldberg wrote:
What is the best practice for extending your hard drive's life?

Make sure it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 29th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Drive Life Best Practice?

What is the best practice for extending your hard drive's life? I
remember reading about putting the MBR after the first 64 mb, [or
sector or some other metric], of a drive? Or if that is not...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 22nd 08, 06:15 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Justin Goldberg
Data Recovery On A DVD-RAM drive?

Is it possible to recover data from a dvd-ram disk cartridge that
might have errors so I can copy it to another?

The system uses SAI Software Architects WriteDVD as it's UDFS driver.
I think it...
Forum: Cdr September 20th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,rec.audio.pro,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Justin Goldberg
MagicCopy Duplicator 52x32x52 PC Connection?

I have a MagicCopy 52x32x52 cd duplicator. I used to have a similar
model but which had a way to connect it to a pc. Is there anyway to
connect the model I have to a pc?
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15