Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Uffe
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 7th 06, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By Uffe
Disabling 2nd core in dual-core CPU?

"Mitch Crane" -three wrote in message
I don't know it this will make the USB driver work, but:

Start-Run
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 7th 06, 11:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By Uffe
Disabling 2nd core in dual-core CPU?

"milsabords" wrote in message
With Sysinternal's Process Explorer, it is possible to set the affinity of
an appl to one...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 7th 06, 09:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By Uffe
Disabling 2nd core in dual-core CPU?

Is it possible to temporarily disable one of the two cores of my dual-core
Athlon-64 X2-4600?

Silly as it may sound, but this was suggested to me by the local rep for
Topfield digital video...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors September 11th 06, 08:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar
Replies: 3
Posted By Uffe
Overclocking X2 4400+ K8N Neo4 Plat.

Here's a pretty exhaustive thread on overclocking an A64 system:
http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=327.
That thread talks a lot of tweaks enabled particularly in the bios of
O/C-friendly DFI...
Forum: Overclocking September 4th 06, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Uffe
FSB---BIOS only?

I don't know about Mac Pro, but you can alter the FSB (and overclock) from
within Windows with a nice utility called ClockGen, available free at
www.Cpuid.com.

Uffe

wrote in...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 1st 06, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 3
Posted By Uffe
Modified Bios for tweaking CPU & memory speed ?

"Paul" wrote in message

How about trying A64tweaker while in Windows ? I think it has
a setting for memory clock.

Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors July 31st 06, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 3
Posted By Uffe
Modified Bios for tweaking CPU & memory speed ?

While overclocking my new Athlon 64X2 4600+ on a MSI K8N Diamond (MS-7100)
motherboard I'm restricted by the Bios offering only memory frequency values
200, 166, 133 and 100 MHz (besides some...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7