Showing results 1 to 25 of 271
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fishface
Forum: Overclocking December 9th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By Fishface
Overclocking Q6600

Random wrote:

I've had this processor for a while now, its the one with G0 stepping so
overclockable. It used to run it fine at v1.40 core voltage at 3.2ghz by
having a 400 fsb and 8...
Forum: Overclocking December 4th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Fishface
Silly HDD question

Paul wrote:
This is an example of a fast drive. But the boot time is
still not zero. (Gigabyte iRAM versus a Raptor.)

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2480&p=7

Well that's...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 28th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Fishface
Need Video Card Recommendation

Phil Weldon wrote:

3D performance is not a factor since your stated applications
won't use 3D capabilities.

Actually, some do and others will. Even Photoshop CS3...
Forum: Overclocking November 28th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Fishface
Early i7 OC news..

Fishface wrote:

My wife gets the Q6600 in a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L.
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128357
At Fry's, I also picked-up her up a mini P180 case for $69,
which...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By Fishface
new pc-build components (please help tweak)

Jolly Rogers wrote:

monitor - KDS K-2626MDHWB 26" WideScreen LCD 1920 x 1200 $339.00
DVD/CD-RW combo - Lite-On DH-52C2S: $21.90
USB keyboard/mouse - Logitech Internet 350 USB Keyboard & RX300...
Forum: Overclocking November 22nd 08, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Fishface
Early i7 OC news..

Maybe I'll wait for the I7 overclocked benchies...

Saw the benchmarks. Decided not to go for I7 at this time.
The motherboards are very expensive and I'd have to get
DDR3 and of course I'd want a...
Forum: Overclocking November 6th 08, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Fishface
Early i7 OC news..

~misfit~ wrote:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-core-i7,2063.html

"Our Core i7 920 sample is stable at 3.8 GHz and with a bit more
tweaking would likely stabilize at 4 GHz as...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 30th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Fishface
What would be a good upgrade for me?

Augustus wrote:

My settings on my E8400 / DSR3 system are simply this: FSB 423 and
all else set to auto. No voltage boost or any other tweaks.

I believe you will find that on your DS3R, CPU...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Fishface
ati 1300 pro to nvidia 7800gt

KCB wrote:

I gave a friend the 7800GT to try before he pays me $50 for it. He says his ATI 1300Pro ran his games better. That
can't be right, can it?

Here's a chart which ranks relative...
Forum: Overclocking August 24th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Fishface
My E7300.....

~misfit~ wrote:

Do you really want me to try it? I don't need to on my mobo as it has such
excellent OCing options in BIOS. However, if you'd like me to try it I will.
It's not like I haven't...
Forum: Overclocking August 23rd 08, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Fishface
My E7300.....

~misfit~ wrote:

Long story short, I'm running at 333 FSB now instead of default 266, multi
locked to 10 x and vcore on default. Temps are very low (they always have
been, not sure that core...
Forum: Overclocking August 9th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Fishface
Q9550: No price drop?!

It seems that the Q9550 prices were not cut along with the E8400 and
E8500. They were supposed to drop to the level of the Q9450. Even
then, the price is a bit steep for an 8.5 multiplier...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 27th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Fishface
About modify HP Pavilion Elite m9040n

JR Weiss wrote:

Before you buy, crack the case and make a few measurements to ensure
the card and PSU you select will fit. Some of the small cases leave little
room for big cards.

Note also...
Forum: Overclocking July 25th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Fishface
Q9550: No price drop?!

It seems that the Q9550 prices were not cut along with the E8400 and E8500.
They were supposed to drop to the level of the Q9450. Even then, the price is
a bit steep for an 8.5 multiplier when...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 08, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Fishface
the new video drivers from video nvidia's 175.16

ERIC wrote:
the 175.16 display driver crash's my computer had to go back to 169.21
and it work's fine any one else having problem's with 175.16.

i am useing a 7600gt pci express..

I was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 4th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Fishface
7800GT vs 9800GTX

edde wrote:
Thanks guys! I was eyeballing the 9450 for sure.

Q9450 with the 8 multiplier is going away. The Q9550 (8.5 multiplier) price is dropping
to fill its place. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 43
Posted By Fishface
Major ISPs dropping Usenet

nospam wrote:

Sorry, that's Verizon. Time-Warner is dropping *all* of Usenet.

Got my notice from Verizon today. Gonna check my options, but
being stupid is definitely going to cost them money...
Forum: Overclocking June 18th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 38
Posted By Fishface
Major ISPs dropping Usenet

nospam wrote:

Sorry, that's Verizon. Time-Warner is dropping *all* of Usenet.

Got my notice from Verizon today. Gonna check my options, but
being stupid is definitely going to cost them money...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 10th 08, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Fishface
GTX280 Benchmarked in Crysis

Core 2 Quad underclocked to 1.6 GHz?!

Oh! Probably SpeedStep in action...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 10th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Fishface
GTX280 Benchmarked in Crysis

First of One wrote:

GTX280 Benchmarked in Crysis (page is Japanese, but screenshots are
universal). http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/pcuser/articles/0806/09/news034.html

Core 2 Quad underclocked to...
Forum: Overclocking June 6th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Fishface
E2180 vs Q6600 vs E8400 (gaming)

~misfit~ wrote:

I've just (barely) convinced myself that I *don't* need to upgrade my E4500 @ 3.2GHz and get an E8400 as, for the
amount of belt-tightening I'd have to do to buy the CPU, the...
Forum: Overclocking June 6th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Fishface
E2180 vs Q6600 vs E8400 (gaming)

Beverly wrote:

Which outta these would be the best bang for the buck for gaming?
Obviously would overclock all of them.

Prices are if memory serves me correctly
2180-$70
8400-$199
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors May 28th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 22
Posted By Fishface
CD Bootable Prime95 Substitute

Phil Weldon wrote:

And Intel TAT won't work for the 45 nm CPUs B^(

Maybe they'll update it?

I read that a lot of the 680i boards do not support the 45nM parts after all.
It's in the board design...
Forum: Overclocking May 28th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 20

Phil Weldon wrote:

And Intel TAT won't work for the 45 nm CPUs B^(

Maybe they'll update it?

I read that a lot of the 680i boards do not support the 45nM parts after all.
It's in the board design...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 21st 08, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Fishface
New gaming rig...what Mainboard to buy?

That's probably why they're only $200 [plus $7 ground shipping] at
Fry's these days.

You get what you pay for.

I paid $268 for mine, but it did come with that bundled ECS single...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 271