Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KlausK
Forum: Ati Videocards June 26th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By KlausK
Sapphire HD 4850 No Factory Seal

"Augustus" wrote in message

"KlausK" wrote in message
Bought a Sapphire...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 26th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By KlausK
Sapphire HD 4850 No Factory Seal

Bought a Sapphire HD 4850 from Newegg. It arrived without a factory seal.
I've bought several Sapphire cards before and they always came sealed.
Newegg said they had no idea. Is it possible for a...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 22nd 08, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By KlausK
Will a HD3870 x2 card work, as x2, in a MB without a Crossfire Chipset?

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message
Well, I do some gaming on occasion, but while the CPU
is more important than the GPU for encoding and display
of the newer more complex...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 73
Posted By KlausK
LCD larger size -- what for ??

"Beladi Nasrallah" wrote in message

So, here is my question: why should I go for a...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 17th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 50
Posted By KlausK
LCD larger size -- what for ??

"Beladi Nasrallah" wrote in message

So, here is my question: why should I go for a...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 13th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By KlausK
ATI 3870 -- reference vs. non-reference PCB ??

"Beladi Nasrallah" wrote in message
..
"It gives you a table with an estimation of life time of electrolytic
aluminium capacitor and aluminium solid...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By KlausK
ATI 3870 -- reference vs. non-reference PCB ??

"Beladi Nasrallah" wrote in message
..
"It gives you a table with an estimation of life time of electrolytic
aluminium capacitor and aluminium solid...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By KlausK
Replacement Mobo for an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe?

"Warren" wrote in message
Historically I have built my own rigs, but stupidly bought one from a big
name "gaming rig"...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 6th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By KlausK
Manual removal of CCC?

CCC 8.3 got screwed up in my PC running XP SP2. ATI uninstall util froze and
didn't completely remove CCC. I searched ATI's web pages but couldn't find
any info about manual removal of CCC. Does...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 6th 08, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By KlausK
8.3 is out

"Orange Moons" wrote in message
link to 8.3 drivers (for Windows XP Pro/Home)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By KlausK
XP SP2 & Multi-Core CPU Patch?

I got to know about the multi-core processor patch for the XP SP2. I have
two desktop PC (Q6600 & E6400) running the XP SP2. Should I install the
patch? According to MS, it fixes some problems...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 4th 08, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By KlausK
ATI 3870 -- reference vs. non-reference PCB ??

I used a Sapphire Reference 3870 and am using a Sapphire non-ref 3870. I
like the non-ref better. It runs cooler and overclocks much better
(currently running at 850/1200 with a Thermalright HR-03...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 08, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By KlausK
ATI 3870 -- reference vs. non-reference PCB ??

I used a Sapphire Reference 3870 and am using a Sapphire non-ref 3870. I
like the non-ref better. It runs cooler and overclocks much better
(currently running at 850/1200 with a Thermalright HR-03...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 3rd 08, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By KlausK
HD2900XT Dead Duck

"Nildram" wrote in message
I was in need of an upgrade as my old system would no longer play the
latest releases (X850XT didnt...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 1st 08, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By KlausK
Sapphire HD3870x2 noise

"Pascal" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for the hints.

About the artifacts, it seems to be solved.
I really don't know how...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 1st 08, 04:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By KlausK
HDD question

"MikeM" wrote in message
The second HDD in my computer started to disappear occasionally. When
it was present in...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 27th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By KlausK
Sapphire HD3870x2 noise

"Pascal" wrote in message
I bought a "Sapphire HD3870x2" video card.
It seems to work fine, but some times (expecially when...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 23rd 08, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By KlausK
Power connectors on Radeon HD3870x2

"Pascal" wrote in message
The card needs to be connected with two PCI-E power cords.
The two female connectors on the card are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 08, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By KlausK
Moving HD to new system

"DaveW" wrote in message
WHENEVER you change the Motherboard that is being used with a harddrive
containing a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 08, 04:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By KlausK
Compatible Second HD

There's no such thing as a compatible HDD to Seagate.
"Tom" wrote in message
I presently have a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 08, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By KlausK
Why not external power bricks for desktop PC?

wrote in message
Is it possible to use an external power "brick" for a
desktop like a laptop uses in order to keep the heat
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 08, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By KlausK
Intel price cuts

"Fred" wrote in message
According to
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5698&Itemid=1
the next...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 14th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By KlausK
cat 8.2 are out !!!!!!!!!!!

"First of One" wrote in message
"Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System: A white dot no
longer appears on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By KlausK
how to delete virus in system volume info?

"sillyputty" wrote in message
AVG reported a trojan, BackDoor.Hupigon3.ARCW, in the system...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By KlausK
Low power software + high power hardware = high power dissipation?

"blackhead" wrote in message
Suppose you have Word2000 which happily ran on a PentiumII/AMD...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97