Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 32andtwentyseven
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 18th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
What are important things to keep very valuable data secure?

Perhaps somewhat off topic. But lets say you have a business and you
want to keep information "blueprints" totally secure. Aside from
having the vital data off-line and using encrypted pen drives,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 19th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - HDD won't boot

I have a Maxtor 200GB SATA drive. Upon starting my PC, I get the ASUS
motherboard screen, followed by a screen which reads "HDD0 Maxtor" but
then instead of starting windows, I get a blank screen...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 19th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - HDD won't boot

Hi my Maxtor 200GB Sata hard disk won't boot my system.

I made no changes to my system, as far as I can remember, between the
time when it was working and when it failed.

I simply restarted it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
IE Vanishes

On 9 Jul, 07:45, wrote:
On 9 Jul 2007 06:27:02 GMT, Blinky the Shark

I was just visiting a friend who is running...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to it.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,it.comp.hardware.palmari,chile.mercado.hardware,nl.comp.sys.mac
Replies: 1
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Speed up your system

On 11 Jul, 21:13, wrote:
Speed up your system, repair installation, tweak your registry base
with powerful tips and tricks collected all over the internet...

Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Cleaning off Thermal Paste

On 9 Jul, 12:44, "Ed Medlin" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message

32andtwentyseven...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 12th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Silent PC retailer?

On 9 Jul, 03:56, "
wrote:

there are KVM Extenders(see ebay perhaps), so you can always move the
box far away from your...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Off topic - a different TV problem

On 8 Jul, 10:55, davy wrote:
Could be serious or minor...! The LED flashing is an error code of some
description... and this could well be the clue to your problem,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Cleaning off Thermal Paste

On 8 Jul, 09:55, "Dave Cox" wrote:
I'm a great love of IPA for cleaning, I got 500ml on e-bay. And I live in
the UK....

I just did exactly that and bought 500ml...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Off topic - a different TV problem

My TV was dropped a very small distance and ever since the picture has
a kind of smearing on certain colours. Also the Standby light now
flashes a special pattern to tell me something is wrong. It...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 8th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Cleaning off Thermal Paste

On 7 Jul, 22:03, "DaveW" wrote:
99% Isopropyl alcohol can be purchased at any drugstore.

--

Thanks a lot both of ya.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 7th 07, 10:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Cleaning off Thermal Paste

Hi

I read that thermal paste should be cleaned off with some alcohol.
What alcohol should I buy and where can I get it?

Thanks!
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Silent PC retailer?

On 4 Jul, 04:57, 32andtwentyseven wrote:
Anyone know of a silent PC retailer in the UK?

(Who sell finished pre-built systems).
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Silent PC retailer?

Anyone know of a silent PC retailer in the UK?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 07, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
What is the fastest computer now?

On 3 Jul, 16:26, wrote:
On 23 Jun, 19:13, 32andtwentyseven
wrote:

An Intel Core 2 Duo provides the most performance for your money at
the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 07, 05:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Norton Ghost

On 2 Jul, 03:16, "Jeff H" wrote:
"jinxy" wrote in message

Hey all, I would like...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 07, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Norton Ghost

On 2 Jul, 03:16, "Jeff H" wrote:
"jinxy" wrote in message

Hey all, I would like...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 07, 08:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - PC won't turn on.

On 29 Jun, 22:37, "JAD" john
wrote:
remove the drive and run the way it was BEFORE you installed anything.

Or start with the bare minimums CPU VIDEO...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - PC won't turn on.

On 29 Jun, 20:31, "Yes Baby" wrote:
no chance you dislodged the cpu cooler while in there................sounds
like the cpu is overheating.

Um. Just to clarify,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - PC won't turn on.

On 29 Jun, 19:39, "Yes Baby" wrote:
"32andtwentyseven" wrote in message
My main home computer won't turn on. The motherboard light...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Help - PC won't turn on.

My main home computer won't turn on. The motherboard light is on, and
the Ethernet light.

I was adding a new hard drive to the case (a new Samsung spinpoint
250GB IDE). It would be my third drive. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Norton Ghost

On 29 Jun, 00:30, jinxy wrote:
Hey all, I would like to replace my 40g hdd with a larger hdd. I will
use a hdd enclosure with a usb connection. To make things easy I was
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 26th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Which readout is my case temperature in SpeedFan 4.28 ?

Speedfan uses this layout:

Temp 1
Temp 2
Temp 3
HD0
Temp 1

Which one is my case temperature? In fact, which one are all of them!?
(I would guess HD0 is my hard disk).
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 24th 07, 01:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By 32andtwentyseven
Windows XP question

On 24 Jun, 03:47, "DaveBl" wrote:
"John Brown" wrote in message

A mate (v. wrongly!) uses a pirated copy of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 69