Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: asdf
Forum: General April 20th 09, 06:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.html,comp.graphics.algorithms,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video,comp.dsp
Replies: 2
Posted By asdf
Available: A free root account on Slaris10

"Kartik_Vashishta" wrote in message
To learn, a free root account, is a tool. It may not be a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 08, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By asdf
Thoughts and Q's on this budget upgrade please...

http://download.asrock.com/manual/A780FullDisplayPort.pdf

Another thing to read in the 9600 reviews, is pay attention to the
comments about "this processor is slower than my old one". I can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By asdf
Thoughts and Q's on this budget upgrade please...

Trying to upgrade my aging computer on the cheap.
Obviously I'm going to keep the case, psu, hard drives and
dvdroms but other stuff like mobo, ram and cpu needs to get upgraded.
Following are the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 4th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By asdf
tyan motherboard video woes

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:21:50 +0000, asdf wrote:

Have tyan motherboard which has an onboard video card. After power on
have 'FF' code displayed on the motherboard LED but no beeps and no
output...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 08, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By asdf
tyan motherboard video woes

Have tyan motherboard which has an onboard video
card. After power on have 'FF' code displayed on the
motherboard LED but no beeps and no output to the screen.
Tried using PCI-X video card without...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 06, 12:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

I have 1 ATA HD attached to onboard RAID connector
and 2 SATA's attached to onboard RAID connectors.
also 3 optical drives
I don't have any ZIP drives.

I do need all of them. Any way i can configure...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 24th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , asdf writes

Any idea how i can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

how an i see if cpu is being throttled.
I have cpuidle running on the system and it reports cpu
as being 99% free.

Thank you

"Rod Speed" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

yes i did. nothing suspicious there.
"Major Tom" wrote in message
asdf wrote:
My computer has a strange problem which i can't seem...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

It's a possibility that my AV is causing the probem.
I have Mcafee 8 running with latest Patch.
I disabled scanning of archives too

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

Here is info about my CPU speed and harddisk access time.
I have onboard RAID connectors on my mobo.
the system drive is attached to ATA connector
and two other drives are attached to SATA...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

I do have alot of files on my system but my old machine can handle it just
fine.
Have all critical udpates installed. Antivirus and antispyware checks were
run.
System is NTFS and is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 06, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By asdf
Determining the bottleneck in my PC

My computer has a strange problem which i can't seem to be able to diagnose.
Some of the symptoms a
1. Trouble listing folders with a lot of files--this takes a long, long
time.
2. Deleting...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13