Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 1.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brett Kline
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Brett Kline
New computer running XP.

Ivan & Brenda wrote:
I want to build a new computer and will get all new components and will only
reuse Windows XP. Not ready for Vista yet. I was not planning on installing
a floppy drive...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 25th 08, 11:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
PCI Express sound cards, GOOD quality, WHERE???

Dave wrote:

Oh, and I don't care how many "channels" it has. 7.1 seems to be the
norm now, but it won't be using more than two channels, probably.

OK, who makes it? -Dave
Forum: General January 6th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
DVD coating

Brett Kline wrote:
bob wrote:
I was just wondering why DVD companies don't put a clear scratch-

resistant coating on the bottom of DVDs. This would help keep the
DVD

from getting...
Forum: General January 6th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
DVD coating

bob wrote:
I was just wondering why DVD companies don't put a clear scratch-

resistant coating on the bottom of DVDs. This would help keep the
DVD

from getting scratched. It would be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 08, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
New 22" TFT monitors?

srt wrote:
Hi,
My present iiyama 450 pro crt is playing up after six years and I am
interested in the latest crop of TFT screens. Any views on best rated
for gaming (low response).
I see...
Forum: Overclocking December 26th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Brett Kline
Computer moving really slow

tornado wrote:
ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 26th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Brett Kline
Need to split off to [2] computers [wired], please help

Crackles McFarly wrote:
To my knowledge this router has no option to change the channels.
If you know then please tell me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 25th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Brett Kline
Why Such a Difference In Memory Price?

jim evans wrote:
Two gig of this Crucial memory http://tinyurl.com/2h94vu costs three
times as much an equivalent amount of this Kingston memory
http://tinyurl.com/ywmx2f. What do you get for...
Forum: General December 25th 07, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Brett Kline
Problems with new laptop internet connection

Glenn Spray wrote:
Hi all
I hope someone can help with the following problem

After recently buying a laptop for my daughter , i have been trying
to setup the internet connection for her....
Forum: General December 25th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Brett Kline
Installing 2nd hard drive on new Vista Premium PC

Syl Fourcade wrote:
I have a new Compaq Presario running Vista Premium and have installed my
old
WD 10GB hard drive containing all my backup files. Problem is the

If the hard drive is WD...
Forum: Printers December 25th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Replies: 154
Posted By Brett Kline
What inkjet printer prints the best text?

B. Schneier wrote:
Most of my printing involves documents and legal briefs. There is some
color printing for brochures and stuff I find on the Internet. Can
someone recommend a color ink jet...
Forum: General December 25th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
Replies: 145

B. Schneier wrote:
Most of my printing involves documents and legal briefs. There is some
color printing for brochures and stuff I find on the Internet. Can
someone recommend a color ink jet...
Forum: General December 24th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Brett Kline
Ghosting | Cloning HDD with WinXP

kony wrote:

Acronis actually offered a full version for free, download,
at some point in the past year. Looking in my archive it
seems it was version 7 and I downloaded it on either Oct.
Forum: General December 20th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
Cannot Get XP Installation CD to Run on New Box

JB wrote:
I just assembled an ECS 945GCT-M rev 1 motherboard with a E2180 processor.

This board has one IDE channel. The CD drive is detected as master,
the hard drive is detected as...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Brett Kline
Great - I just lost 50 GB worth of data!

OhioGuy wrote:
Somehow today, a folder on my computer upstairs got deleted. Either:

Also, for future reference, is there anything I can do to make this sort
of thing less likely to...
Forum: General December 17th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Brett Kline
USB 1.1 speeds?

Paul wrote:

The router itself can pose a few issues. I had a Linksys BEFSR41 that
I used for several years, and I was all the time having to power cycle
it, to get it to work properly. I've...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Brett Kline
New Build - Mobo Doesn't Recognize SATA Drives

DonC wrote:

I don't think your MB is the problem. I'm in the process of
installing a new MB (ASUS) and have discovered that you have to install
SATA drivers that came with your MB software...
Forum: Overclocking December 8th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
What stepping/specs to look for? (E6600)

Thomas Andersson wrote:
Brett Kline wrote:

Ok, so I've started looking for a processor on eBay. I'm going for a
E6600 and now my question is this. What steppoing or other speccs
Forum: Overclocking December 7th 07, 12:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Brett Kline
What stepping/specs to look for? (E6600)

Thomas Andersson wrote:
Hi!

Ok, so I've started looking for a processor on eBay. I'm going for a
E6600 and now my question is this. What steppoing or other speccs
should I be looking for...
Forum: Overclocking December 7th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 51
Posted By Brett Kline
Q6600 "safe" temps?

~misfit~ wrote:

I fully realised that Tjunction does not change, that it's constant
for any given processor. My question, which I was still unable to
answer after reading those links (and...
Forum: Overclocking December 6th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 51
Posted By Brett Kline
Q6600 "safe" temps?

~misfit~ wrote:

The hottest it's got, in a 20°C room, according to CoreTemp is 68°C.
What do you guys (and gals?) think of that? Should I give it to him
like that? He's a gamer but I don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 07, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Brett Kline
Confusing Asus motherboards

Jan Alter wrote:
"Brett Kline" wrote in message

Does the BIOS offer any options to increase Vcore or Vdimm?

I found changing voltage somewhat limiting for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 07, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Brett Kline
Confusing Asus motherboards

Jan Alter wrote:

Here's a link to the mb from Asus with integrated video using an AMD
AM2 socket that I installed a few weeks ago from newegg.com . There
were no problems at all with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 07, 12:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Brett Kline
Confusing Asus motherboards

Des wrote:
Can someone shed some lite on Asus motherboards.I want to upgrade to
AM2 but I dont want to fork out on a PCI Express video as well. Asus
are very vauge in this area. some brefly...
Forum: Overclocking December 1st 07, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Posted By Brett Kline
Appreciate some help on Core 2 Duo chip selection

Fishface wrote:

The E6750 has an 8x multiplier and is a FSB 1333 MHz part. It is
spec'd to run
at 333 MHz CPU clock. I don't believe the 975 chipset officially
supports those
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84