Showing results 1 to 25 of 134
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Baer[_2_]
Forum: Printers December 23rd 16, 08:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Epson ink cartridges -- capacity?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I see advertisers on eBay selling "Initial" 786 ink cartridges and
claiming that they contain more ink than even the 786XL cartridges. Is
that true?

Perce
Only...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 16, 08:25 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
How to view what the hard drive is doing?

Diesel wrote:
Pwr@p. Wed, 12 Oct
2016 22:03:24 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

Hi,

Often when I'm just sitting there reading or...
Forum: Printers August 20th 16, 11:32 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Panasonic KX-P1093 ?

Frank Williams wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:26:34 -0800, Robert Baer
wrote:

ANYbody have a manual for the Panasonic KX-P1093 ?
Also, ANYbody have a...
Forum: Printers August 19th 16, 06:11 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
printer driver driver

Paul wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
Good Guy wrote:
On 18/08/2015 13:06, micky wrote:
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver,
that will take the output...
Forum: Printers August 19th 16, 02:30 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
printer driver driver

Paul wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
Good Guy wrote:
On 18/08/2015 13:06, micky wrote:
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver,
that will take the output...
Forum: Printers August 18th 16, 07:26 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Panasonic KX-P1093 ?

ANYbody have a manual for the Panasonic KX-P1093 ?
Also, ANYbody have a driver?

So far,drivers for the Epson FX-100, FX-80, FX-80+ and the LX-80
all(more or less) work.
Problem is graphics...
Forum: Printers August 18th 16, 07:09 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
printer driver driver

Good Guy wrote:
On 18/08/2015 13:06, micky wrote:
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver,
that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to...
Forum: Printers August 18th 16, 07:06 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
printer driver driver

micky wrote:
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver,
that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what
the output from win98 or XP would look...
Forum: Printers August 18th 16, 06:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,misc.forsale.computers.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
DON'T BUY HP (Hewlett-Packard) PRODUCTS!

Freedom Man wrote:
DON'T BUY HP (Hewlett-Packard) PRODUCTS!

I bought an HP10s calculator at a local discount store and have a receipt
identifying the product and when it was bought. Within 3...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 16, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Corsair magnetic levitation fans (maglev fans)

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I find this a very interesting product:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-magnetic-levitation-fans-gpu,31977.html

It claims that it's fans...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 16, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 25
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Intel's Skylake Prime Number Bug.

John Larkin wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:10:44 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:44:49 +0100, "Skybuck wrote:

Forum: General July 11th 15, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.casio,alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Myth or Fact: Dead casio comes back alive and starts beeping

Paul wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

How can a dead casio watch, digital watch from 1990 or something...
how can it come back alive ?

Is it solar powered ?
Forum: General July 11th 15, 05:34 AM Posted to alt.casio,alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Myth or Fact: Dead casio comes back alive and starts beeping

Skybuck Flying wrote:

HOLY**** BATMAN
It is "HOLYBAT ****MAN", referring to 1) YOU are BATs, and 2) your
ravings are ****, man.
Forum: General June 13th 15, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Skybuck's PC for 2015/2016. (inquiry)

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

As some of you know I promised myself a new PC for 2016. Maybe it was
going to be an ARM thing or something....

However I do like the idea of owning a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 15, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 28

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

As some of you know I promised myself a new PC for 2016. Maybe it was
going to be an ARM thing or something....

However I do like the idea of owning a...
Forum: General June 8th 15, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Joule Thief Goes Legit

Paul wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:
Cool to see this on here... I was about to make a posting... but it's
already here =D

http://www.batteriser.com/

So what you guys make of this ?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 17th 15, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
CMOS checksum fails

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Today, 16 may 2015 I cleaned my Dream PC from 2006.
* How can a dream collect dust?

It was necessary, the little fan on the motherboard was making noise.
* Noise from a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 6th 15, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
How to view old Wordpad documents?

mur wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:29:24 -0500, wrote:

On 29 Jan 2015, mur wrote in alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

As far as I know, Wordpad...
Forum: General January 17th 15, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Low heat computers harder to spy on ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ofcourse it does,

It can be proven with logic reasoning by inverting the logic.

If your computer were 100 billion gigawats of power everytime you press
the letter A...
Forum: General January 15th 15, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Low heat computers harder to spy on ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:
It does have to do with spying.

Electro magnetic fields are generated by the processor and other stuff.

These can be measured.

My question is basically if low...
Forum: General January 14th 15, 06:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Low heat computers harder to spy on ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:
As spying increases more and more, perhaps low heat computers will be
come more and more popular :)

You mean low power. Which has *NOTHING* to do with spying.
You...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 14, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
How to get rid of virus and malware etc online?

John Doe wrote:
Robert Baerrobertbaer localnet.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Best (and free) way to nuke viruses is to have and use a backup
of your windows C drive.

FALSE! At...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 18th 14, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
How to get rid of virus and malware etc online?

Ken wrote:
[email protected]. wrote:
I'm using AT&T and they have a package deal that they say will check
out your
computer online and get rid of all virus and malware etc problems for
so...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 18th 14, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

John Doe wrote:
Best (and free) way to nuke viruses is to have and use a backup of
your windows C drive.
FALSE!
At best (or wort, depending on viewpoint) backup makes a copy, and do
ALL...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 6th 13, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Baer[_2_]
Fluffy fans probably more quiet.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

A few days ago I cleaned the air hole above my furnace. This hole sucks
stinky kitchen air out of the kitchen and blows it up into the sky
through tubes.

I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 134