Showing results 1 to 25 of 119
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 17th 10, 06:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
best backup software with USB external hard drives?

One advantage of Acronis is the image you can get, then use that to
rebuild the system, with the overhead of all the extra stuff imaged.
PCB would require a reload of the OS and then a restore...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 17th 10, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Catalyst 10.6 is out!

Improvement in H.264 and Flash....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 10, 08:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
replacing 32 bit machine with 64 bit, laptop

is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
so or is it better to buy a 64 bit machine although...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 16th 10, 02:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
best backup software with USB external hard drives?

On 6/16/2010 06:41, Joe wrote:
I looked at USB hard drives at Best Buy the other day- I plan on buying
a 1 TB drive. The backup software all seems similar at least from what
the boxes say.

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 10, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
I may be switching from FF to IE

I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version 3.08, no
in-line auto-complete.

Is it a special add-on or something?

AH... Firefox can import the history from IE!!! As I said...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 10, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla
Replies: 46
I may be switching from FF to IE

I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version 3.08, no
in-line auto-complete.

By auto-complete, did you mean website address auto-complete, or
bookmark auto-complete?

You...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 10, 09:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla
Replies: 46
I may be switching from FF to IE

Not the last time I checked. If they were to do it, I'd be using FF as my
default browser.

I believe both Chrome and Firefox are doing it! Try again! :)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision,...
Forum: General June 10th 10, 02:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

I really forgot how to do it. Google "winxp shutdown problem"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810903

On 6/10/2010 20:16, Steve Giannoni wrote:
How do I identify the ACPI device ...

--
@~@ ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 10, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla

I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does inline
auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
favorites/bookmarks folder/file.

Firefox is doing it, isn't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla
Replies: 46
I may be switching from FF to IE

On 6/10/2010 13:39, shegeek72 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
missing plugin.' Then...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla
Replies: 46
I may be switching from FF to IE

On 6/10/2010 13:39, shegeek72 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
missing plugin.' Then...
Forum: General June 10th 10, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
System Won't Turn Off

On 6/9/2010 01:44, Steve Giannoni wrote:
P-IV running Windows XP Home. Windows appears to be shutting down as
the screen goes dark, but the "turn off" has to be done manually. Any
help will be...
Forum: General June 9th 10, 06:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
System Won't Turn Off

On 6/9/2010 01:44, Steve Giannoni wrote:
P-IV running Windows XP Home. Windows appears to be shutting down as
the screen goes dark, but the "turn off" has to be done manually. Any
help will be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 8th 10, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Would you like to buy it?

On 6/8/2010 15:12, Yakimav wrote:
The EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked+ takes the next generation NVIDIA GeForce
GPU, and cranks it up another two notches by not only offering higher
performance, but...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 7th 10, 12:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
RAID 0: 2 disks vs 3 disks

Anyone compared their throughput and write speed in your own PC?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64...

On 6/7/2010 12:38, Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:
The thing is, you can find these answers with a search engine,
if you look hard enough, so it's not like I'm adding any
value...
Forum: General June 7th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Paul

The thing is, you can find these answers with a search engine,
if you look hard enough, so it's not like I'm adding any
value or anything.

You still need to know the right set of...
Forum: General June 7th 10, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
case for zip drive?

One of my clients began using Zip disks for daily data
backup in 1997: six disks used in rotation, one for each
business day in the week. I tested the disks periodically to
assure safe...
Forum: General June 6th 10, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
[OT] Contact!

On 6/6/2010 21:48, Motor T wrote:
Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks Paul is the smartest guy
in the whole world!?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity...

On 6/6/2010 12:50, mm wrote:
A friend has a laptop and some zip disks, and a good zipdrive in a
broken computer.

Tell your friend to transfer all data from the zip disks into DVD-R as
soon as...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 10, 08:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
The perfectly realistic flight simulator chair?

On 6/5/2010 10:21, John Doe wrote:
Try a flight simulation group.

Done!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\...

HD freaky facts below.
RL
http://labs.google.com/papers/disk_failures.pdf

Thanks!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be...
Replies: 4
The perfectly realistic flight simulator chair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOlNeZUkI8&feature=related
Why did the video last so long? It could have been done in 30
seconds. The video just shows, for five minutes, a guy in a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 10, 09:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.setup
Replies: 68
Anybody use Linux? For old hardware, which distro?

On 6/2/2010 20:36, RayLopez99 wrote:
Thinking of using on an old 1998 laptop PC that presently has a
Pentium II, with a built in generic Dell modem, USB mouse, 512k RAM
(!), DVD/CD, running...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 119