Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil Weldon
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 21st 08, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Phil Weldon
Noisy nVidia car...

'McGrath' wrote:
What do you do when nVidia becomes irritatingly noisy?
Is it possible to replace the wee fan which is buzzing?
_____

Find a good automotive repair shop?

Phil Weldon

"McGrath"...
Forum: Overclocking December 10th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.electronics
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon
Non-deterministic CPU's.

'omattos' wrote, in part:

The first rule of digital electronics is they should be predictable -
ie. when the same data is fed into a circuit twice, the output should
be the same every...
Forum: Overclocking December 8th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil Weldon
Overclocking Q6600

'Random' wrote, in part:
I've had this processor for a while now, its the one with G0 stepping so
overclockable. It used to run it fine at v1.40 core voltage at 3.2ghz by
having a 400 fsb...
Forum: Overclocking December 4th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon
Silly HDD question

'Paul' wrote:
You can fill it with either, but it works better with one of the choices
:-)
_____

Won't Gibs begin to smell?

Phil Weldon

"Paul" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking December 4th 08, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon
Silly HDD question

'Fishface' wrote:
Well that's interesting. Many of the Anandtech tests are highly system
dependent. Duh! I didn't see mention of the system specs, though.
I wish someone smarter would take...
Forum: Overclocking December 3rd 08, 02:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon
Silly HDD question

'Dumbo' wrote:
I have had vista up and running for months but my score is held back by
the HDD. When I had it on a 160GB Maxtor it scored 5.2 so the advice I
was given was to go to SATA from...
Forum: Overclocking November 27th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By Phil Weldon
Very Noisy Fan

'El.Plates' wrote, in part:
If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of
keeping the fan quieter I would be most grateful
_____

Hunter Original fan on slow; 1750 Cu....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 08, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil Weldon
Happy with MS-7514 motherboards? Open-box offers and poor reviews

'Dave' wrote:
I don't. There is no limit on greed. -Dave
_____

Yes, there is - reality.

"Dave" wrote in message
Revise it how,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 10th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon
Poster blocking with Windows Mail

'Robert Miles' wrote, in part:
In the main window of Windows Mail:

Click on Tools, then Message Rules, then News. Look down the list of
rules,
_____

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just...
Forum: Overclocking November 10th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil Weldon
Intel Burn is the Best OC Test SW!

'Ed Medlin' wrote:
I like it too. It does exactly what I would want when overclocking since
my goal is to go as high as possible without "any" errors. I will still
probably do a Nehalem build...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Weldon
Can't install EN8400GS Silent

'Shane' wrote:
I shall try these steps but that seems exactly what I have done I shall
double check because wimp pro knows it's there it's the resolution and
colour depth is the problem so it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 22nd 08, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon
How much is the amount of memory important?

'User' wrote:
I have two graphic cards, but I am in doubt about what is the best:

ASUS NVidia Geforce 9600GT/512M
and
XFX NVidia Geforce 9500GT/1GB

Obviously the 9600GT is better than...
Forum: Overclocking October 13th 08, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon
water cooling??

'Peter van der Goes' wrote, in part:
If you want help with overclocking in a forum such as this one, you need
to post complete details of all your hardware and all BIOS settings that
are not...
Forum: Overclocking October 13th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil Weldon
water cooling??

'Dumbo' wrote:
I bought a RoG Striker Extreme and a pre-owned Q6600. The previous owner
assured me he had run it on air-cooling at 3.5GHz on a P5K mobo. Thinking
that this assured me of a...
Forum: Overclocking October 10th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 17
Posted By Phil Weldon
can i buy ddr2 1333MHz?

'Beemer' wrote:
Having used computers and programming before the "personal computer" and
passing college courses including "solid-state electronic techniques" I
do wonder whether I should...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 7th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil Weldon
8800 gts

'deimos' wrote, in part:
A GTS requires around 26A (amps) on the 12V rail (+12v1, +12v2, etc) total
for the system. This should be marked clearly on a label on the side of
your PSU...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 26th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil Weldon
Is there a way to have 640x480 resolution on my old CRT TV?

'Ant' wrote:
NVIDIA driver only gives 800x600 resolution as the lowest option. Is there
a way to put 640x480 instead since my CRT TV is old (15 years old?)?

Sure.

If nothing else works, you...
Forum: Overclocking September 12th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Phil Weldon
ASrock Conroe E4400 Overclocking problems Part 2

'Cornelius' wrote, in part:
Any suggestions to unlock the potental of the E4400?
_____

Where is Part 1?

Why are you changing the PCIe speed?
If you have a PCIe video card you are certainly using...
Forum: Overclocking September 11th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Phil Weldon
Asrock Conroe E4400 Overclocking problems Part 2

'Ed Medlin' wrote:
There is no need to mess with the PCIE bus anyway. It is not going to help
with the OC. I don't understand why it causes a boot failure unless it is
somehow tied into the...
Forum: Overclocking August 20th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil Weldon
How to read Crucial memory part numbers?

An unknown poster wrote, in part:
Can someone explain what's different about these two Crucial memory
sodimm modules:

CT32M64S4W7E

CT32M64S8W7E
_____

Perhaps you are thinking of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 20th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil Weldon
How to read Crucial memory part numbers?

An unknown poster wrote, in part:
Can someone explain what's different about these two Crucial memory
sodimm modules:

CT32M64S4W7E

CT32M64S8W7E
_____

Perhaps you are thinking of the...
Forum: Overclocking August 16th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon
avoid disk crash while overclocking?

'2CA001' wrote:
Run a real OS with a journaled file system (eg ext3 or ReiserFS) that can
clean up after itself after a crash.
_____

Well, no. Not sufficient (see NTFS). And on the other...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 14th 08, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Weldon
9500 gt ddr2 vs ddr3?

'vinny' wrote:
I am thinking of buynig th 9500 gt I

my systems is

amd 4800x2 65 watts
2 gig ram
win xp pro
antec 350 ps
I plan on playng some games (some old some new) I am...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 12th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil Weldon
680i SLI MB problem

'charlie' wrote:
I've been using a BFG nvidia 680i SLI motherboard with BFG 7600GT
nvidia video card with no problems for over a year. I'd never tried
shutting down in hibernation mode so tried...
Forum: Overclocking August 9th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Weldon
Arctic Silver 5 vs. Intel factory paste

'007' wrote:
Is Arctic Silver 5 better over Intel stuff?
Any comments...
_____

Arctic Silver 5 isn't really any better than most thermal compounds.
However, the skill with which thermal...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500