Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ant
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 18, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Ant
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

In alt.windows7.general Bill in Co surly_curmudgeon@earthlink wrote:
Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Mr. Man-wai Chang
wrote:
On 12/8/2018 4:21...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 18, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Ant
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 12/8/2018 4:21 AM, Ant wrote:

The last time I downloaded 64-bit W7 HPE ISO had SP1, but that was a
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 18, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Zaidy036 wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download
Full...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 20th 18, 11:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant
"Hard Disk Drive (HDD) vs Solid State Drive (SSD): What???s the Diff?"

Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Hard Disk Drive (HDD) vs Solid State Drive (SSD): What???s the Diff?"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hdd-versus-ssd-whats-the-diff/

"If...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 15th 18, 02:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Ant
"Seagate Announces 14TB Barracuda Pro, IronWolf, And IronWolf Pro"

And how reliable is it? :/

Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Seagate Announces 14TB Barracuda Pro, IronWolf, And IronWolf Pro"

Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 14th 18, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 72
Posted By Ant
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 9/12/2018 7:47 PM, Ed Light wrote:
On 9/6/2018 3:05 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

I updated to the last...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 13th 18, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Ant
Storing brains inside computer + Gaming = Ouch Horror.

Future? It's happening already like mine! :P

wrote:
I just had a terrible vision of the futu

1. People's brains are going to be stored inside computers.

2. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 10th 18, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

On 2018-08-09, Ant wrote:
Still expensive to me. :(

The current SSD sweet spot for price...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 18, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 72
Posted By Ant
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Mark Perkins wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 13:04:10 -0500, (Ant) wrote:

Can I buy a 2 TB SSD for really cheap yet

The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 18, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 72
Posted By Ant
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

Can I buy a 2 TB SSD for really cheap yet like a HDD price?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

Forum: Ati Videocards August 8th 18, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Ant
Is my almost decade old ATI Radeon 4870 video card finally failing?

Oh, I forgot to mention this too. I also had a few seconds power outage
a couple days ago in the early morning that my PC went off and then on
(no UPS' batter for it). It had no problems!...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 29th 18, 02:44 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Ant
Is Seagate into the data selling "business" ?

Ed Light wrote:

I'll have to start Truecrypting everything.

Yes! It's the way. Just in case the computer gets stolen.

Also, I have my important stuff in a truecrypt...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 29th 18, 02:40 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Ant
What's the best way to fully erase external working USB HDDs?

SSD? I said HDD. The spinning type.

Ed Light wrote:
Maybe the SSD manufacturer's utility has this feature.

Possibly the free "Eraser" can do it?

--
Quote of the Week:...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 26th 18, 11:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Ant
What's the best way to fully erase external working USB HDDs?

Shadow wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:14:19 -0500, (Ant) wrote:

Hello.

What's the best way to fully erase external working USB HDDs? I don't think old
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 26th 18, 12:14 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Ant
What's the best way to fully erase external working USB HDDs?

Hello.

What's the best way to fully erase external working USB HDDs? I don't think old
classic DBAN can handle external working USB HDDs? Any others to use in Linux,
Mac OS, and Windows to reuse...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Ant
Can I make my power supply fan turn faster?

Take it out and clean it fully. If that doesn't work, then replace it
with a brand new fan.

wrote:
The fan is making noise. I can stop it with a pencil. I sprayed a
jet of wd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 14th 18, 02:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 34
Posted By Ant
[BBC] IBM workers banned from using USB sticks

In alt.windows7.general Frank Slootweg wrote:
Libor Striz wrote:
mechanic Wrote in message:
On Sun,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 13th 18, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 34
Posted By Ant
[BBC] IBM workers banned from using USB sticks

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Libor Striz wrote:
Welcome to UseNet mate.

Being here for more then 20 years, mate.

Usenet forever. ;)
--
:)...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 13th 18, 03:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Just wondering. My friend does. I wonder if I should do that too.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Ants never sleep." --Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet
Note: A fixed width font (Courier,...

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Tim wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote in
:

This apparently affected...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 25th 17, 02:10 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Ant
how to get my 8 TB bare drive out of the WD 8 TB USB external drive

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 08/24/2017 07:02 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:

Just curious, but what about the fact that a drive that's been removed
from an external...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 16th 17, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Ant
MS releases patches for XP, Windows 2K3 Server

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Anonymous wrote:
In article
(Ant) wrote:

In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 14th 17, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Ant
MS releases patches for XP, Windows 2K3 Server

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Nathan Hale wrote:
In article
(Ant) wrote:

Is it me or is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 14th 17, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Ant
MS releases patches for XP, Windows 2K3 Server

Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Is it me or is Windows XP's Windows Update not connecting?

The catalog.update.microsoft.com server hasn't had
its morning coffee yet....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 14th 17, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt