Showing results 1 to 25 of 376
Search took 0.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: peter
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 9th 11, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
Is my monitor HD capable?

The T220 does include HDCP support for displaying high-definition
copyright-protected content. As with any 22-inch display, the native
resolution of 1,680x1,050 means you won't be able to display...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 11, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By peter
IPS based computer monitors?

Yes...I meant response time.
sorry
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
to me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 11, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By peter
IPS based computer monitors?

With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action sequences..motion blur
peter

If you...
Forum: General March 6th 11, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By peter
Laptop hard drive - recovery

Contact HP and see if you buy a Recovery CD

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 11, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By peter
IPS based computer monitors?

Take a look here
http://necdisplay.com/category/desktop-monitors

look at 23" and up and read the specs to see the IPS panels.
Then look at the response time and think about what you will
be using...
Forum: General February 18th 11, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
2 dvd drives, different regions?

You can set 2 DVD to different regions in one system..
and you can look for DVDshrink which can be used for backing up
those large movie DVD to a size that fits on a regular DVD and it
takes the...
Forum: General February 16th 11, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By peter
M2N78-LA Motherboard Manual?

What make and model is the computer tower case??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting...
Forum: General February 9th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By peter
Overclock question

You would be very very lucky to reach 475 FSB on that board......
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/8783-asus-p5q-pro-p45-motherboard-review-9.html

If you find a...
Forum: General February 3rd 11, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 27
Posted By peter
Motherboard for Phenom Quad 9550 CPU?

?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130265

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to...
Forum: General February 3rd 11, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 27
Posted By peter
Motherboard for Phenom Quad 9550 CPU?

?Everything I found on that mobo says DDR2.....
and most if not all of the "newer" AM3 mobo use DDR3
I would suggest you pull the RAM and have a good look

peter

If you find a posting or message...
Forum: General January 31st 11, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By peter
Can I format Fort Knox???

?http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-next-generation.htm

BootIt will run from a CD and allow you to delete/ format the partitions on
the HD
the download should have a 15 day free trial...so...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 30th 11, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By peter
What is the latest free temp monitor

?http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor/versions-history.html

here's a link for hardware monitor

peter

or disruptive,please...
Forum: General January 28th 11, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
Bus 266Mhz

?http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1&TypeID=19&DetailID=224&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=7&LanID=0

FSB of 200 as perspecs.........

peter

If you find a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 25th 11, 08:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
Video Card upgrade....

?The 560's are out now.....
the difference in Games from a 460 is very noticeable according to
reviews...and the cost is aprox 50 bucks more
You need to look at some reviews and decide if it matches...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 25th 11, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By peter
How could native USB 3.0 in new Intel CPUs help?

?Hi Paul
Light Peak has now been watered down to Copper wire
connectivity..........

peter

Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 23rd 11, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
NVidia driver giving me 3D on Zalman with games?

?Quote from a Zalman review
3D PerformanceI
have explained above how the monitor can produce two independent pictures for the left and right eyes on the hardware level. Of course, this requires...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 11, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By peter
"Internet ready" blueray dvd players question

?As Grinder stated your best option is a wireless router or a wired router
if
you dont mind running cable from the modem to the router to the computer and
to the Blu-ray.
Be careful when buying...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 12th 11, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
install Windows from DVD

?Why??
both installation DVD's will boot from a SATA connected DVD drive.
check your BIOS settings

peter

or disruptive,please...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 21st 10, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
Abit NF7S

The Nforce drivers include the LAN drivers.
If your taking out the 6800 video what are you replacing it with??
I would load the SATA drivers anyways just in case I decide to buy a SATA
drive and they...
Forum: General December 18th 10, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By peter
What is internal USB jack for?

Its for connecting a front mounted USB port from the case

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 8th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By peter
What HSF for M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe and Phenom II 965

I am a Thermalright fan to me they are the best out there
and you can add your own hi airflow..noisy...or quiet fan
http://www.thermalright.com/products/index.php?cat_id=27

And you cant beat a...
Forum: Overclocking December 3rd 10, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
Core 2 Extreme QX9650 rig, my O/C swansong?

I read all of it thinking ah!! the good ole days........
I feel that with every new chipset/CPU coming out nowadays
there really is not much of an advantage to overclocking unless
you want bragging...
Forum: General November 23rd 10, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By peter
Hottest value AMD-based mobo today?

ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
...179.00

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core
Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX ...
Forum: General November 21st 10, 02:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By peter
Computer Freeze!

the mobo uses ATX power specs
1-24 pin for the main power...sometimes broken up into 20+4 pin
1-4 pin for the CPU

http://www.corsair.com/products/hx450/default.aspx

and depending what you have...
Forum: General November 17th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By peter
bottom mounted power supplies

I would suggest you add a 120mm fan to the front.This would keep your HD
cooler
The top 2 fans draw the hot air from the CPU cooler out.
The bottom mounted PSU will draw fresh air in if you buy the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 376