Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jonathan
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 18th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jonathan
Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

I found an answer and if anyone's got the inclination, there now
follows a LONG posting which details everything I found out about the
perils of trying to save £8!

To summarize: I made two separate...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 17th 07, 08:56 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jonathan
Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

On Jun 17, 5:19 pm, John Jordan wrote:

Usually sides == ranks, with the main exception being those cheap "high
density" sticks on eBay. These have chips on both sides but...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 15th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jonathan
Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

On 15 Jun, 20:36, John Jordan wrote:

Apparently the motherboard in that PC has the Intel 865PE chipset. These
only support chip densities up to 512mbit, so 8-chip 1GB sticks...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors June 15th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jonathan
Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

In my Medion 8083, there are 2 sticks of Samsung and 2 of Elixir
memory, 256Mb each. 1Gb simply isn't enough these days, so I did lots
of research, found various configurators and read this...
Forum: Printers June 11th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing
Replies: 8
Posted By Jonathan
Mac OSx and Canon Pixma IP5000 suddenly printing wrong colours (or colors!)

On Jun 9, 11:23 pm, measekite wrote:
Tony wrote:
First thing to do is to print a service test page.

That makes sense!

With power on, press the Resume/Cancel button...
Forum: Printers June 9th 07, 11:37 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.printing,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jonathan
Mac OSx and Canon Pixma IP5000 suddenly printing wrong colours (or colors!)

This one has me stumped. For years, we've used a Canon Pixma IP5000
printer on the Mac Mini with the latest version of OSx etc.
And we've also used a good brand of non-genuine ink which has...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 17th 07, 10:41 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 22
Posted By Jonathan
Dell: NOT a bargain, more of a warning!

"Geoff Winkless" ] wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:

I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with the cost...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 17th 07, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 22
Posted By Jonathan
Dell: NOT a bargain, more of a warning!

I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with the cost of USB Key Drives since
xmas. "off the shelf" going rate is about a tenner for 256Mb through to £24
for 4gb keydrives.

So, there I was, browsing...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 5th 07, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonathan
Does anyone have a UK office number for Dell?

wrote in message

Jonathan wrote:
I've had it with Bangalore! They refuse to put me through to the UK...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 5th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonathan
Does anyone have a UK office number for Dell?

I've had it with Bangalore! They refuse to put me through to the UK office.
I've tried a couple of numbers to no avail - just press office voicemails.

Does anyone have ANY kind of Head Office for UK...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 5th 07, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 7
Posted By Jonathan
Anyone else ordered a Dell on the Nectar Triple Points and Free shipping promo, yet been charged shipping?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:11:34 UTC, "ray" wrote:

"Jonathan"...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors January 1st 07, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 7
Posted By Jonathan
Anyone else ordered a Dell on the Nectar Triple Points and Free shipping promo, yet been charged shipping?

I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying that if
I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I checked the T&C carefully, entered my Nectar number,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 20th 06, 11:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours! *IT WORKS NOW*!!!

"Jonathan" wrote in message

If only there was a way of scanning ONLY the "non-bad" sectors, because
there are patches of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 15th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours!

"mga" wrote in message

Jonathan wrote:
"mga" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 14th 06, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours!

"mga" wrote in message

Did you try to recover data to the same drive?
Have you reformatted it?

No and no....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 06, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours!

"mga" wrote in message

Does it make clicking noises?

No, physically the drive sounded OK.

In the end, all I got...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 11th 06, 09:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours!

"Brad Houser" wrote in message
On 11 Aug 2006 18:08:10 +0200, Jonathan wrote:

BH
5. Next day open

Heh! OK, big...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 11th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Jonathan
Any other way to recover a HDD which is freezing the system? Spinrite says it will take 584 hours!

Dead Maxtor HDD. Powermax confirms it can see it, says there's drive error.
Oddly, SMART reports OK. But I have only been able to get tools to see this
drive by booting PC, then removing cable from...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors August 9th 06, 11:34 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonathan
Disappointed in SVP (Blankdiscshop)

"Bubba" wrote in message

I've shopped with SVP for ages and never had any problems. This sounds
like
a bit of a one off...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors August 8th 06, 11:39 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonathan
Disappointed in SVP (Blankdiscshop)

Having been buying stuff from SVP for a couple of years now, and having been
always satisfied (1gb usb for £9.99? bargain!) I tried a Umax Kazuki
DVD-2000X MPEG4/DivX DVD Player from them.

I know...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors July 21st 06, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonathan
No response from Savastore faulty product since May 23rd - what now?

"Jonathan" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message

i'm amazed...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors July 12th 06, 03:23 PM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonathan
No response from Savastore faulty product since May 23rd - what now?

"Mike" wrote in message

i'm amazed youve waited as long as you have.

1. notify credit card company
2. send recorded letter...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors July 10th 06, 10:38 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 4
Posted By Jonathan
No response from Savastore faulty product since May 23rd - what now?

I wrote to Savastore on May 23rd when my mobo arrived, and it was clear the
backplate was missing, and it soon became clear the onboard sound was not
functiong (yes, we've been through every single...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23