Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jonathan L. Parker[_2_]
Forum: Printers June 22nd 14, 05:28 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
The last word (Was: Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprintin OS X 10.6.8 Anymore (Fixed-sort of))

I really doubt this will be of interest to many; there probably aren't a
lot more BJC-50s or BJC-85s still out there. Just in case anyone comes
across this thread, however, I thought I'd help by...
Forum: Printers February 27th 14, 01:55 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore(Fixed-sort of)

On 2/26/14 9:33 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

That should already be a lot of information there in the 3rd column,
about the driver used.

OK. I think I'm with you now. The third column has...
Forum: Printers February 26th 14, 07:16 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore(Fixed-sort of)

On 2/25/14 8:52 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

"Worked": does that mean it printed in color also?
Yes. It works just like it does in Windows.

2. The BJC-85 driver you are now using is...
Forum: Printers February 25th 14, 12:11 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore(Fixed-sort of)

On 2/24/14 1:34 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote
Hi Jonathan,

Since I'm the maintainer of the gutenprint Canon backend, but did not
write and of the support code for the BJC printers, I want to...
Forum: Printers February 23rd 14, 12:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore(Fixed-sort of)

On 2/17/14 8:10 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
"Jonathan L. Parker" writes:

...All of a sudden, however, it won't print in
color. When I try I get...
Forum: Printers February 17th 14, 10:34 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore

Had worked passably (slow and used too much ink but print quality was
OK) for most of the past seven years on a MacBook Pro originally running
OS X 10.4.11. Still worked when I upgraded to Snow...
Forum: Printers July 2nd 10, 04:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

Adam wrote:
I just refilled all three colors in one of my HP 22 tricolor cartridges,
and the yellow and cyan are fine -- but it won't print magenta. Has
this happened to anyone? Can anybody...
Forum: Printers February 4th 10, 07:51 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Alternatives to HP 21/22 ink cartridges

Adam wrote:

What brands (or
suppliers) of refill kits have worked better for you? Are there any I
should avoid?

In recent years I've pretty much gone with what I can find locally.
Since...
Forum: Printers February 3rd 10, 09:55 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Alternatives to HP 21/22 ink cartridges

Adam wrote:
Greetings, printer experts! My previous inkjet printer (Canon i550) had
died, so I pulled out the HP Deskjet D1430 from the back of my closet
and set it up. It had come free...
Forum: Printers January 2nd 10, 08:04 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
Replies: 125
Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

erilar wrote:

I don't know what Gutenprint is, but I do know Epson didn't update the
drivers for that printer when they updated everything else.

Gutenprint is the open-source printing...
Forum: Printers January 2nd 10, 02:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
Replies: 125
Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

John Brock wrote:
My siblings and I bought our 80-some year old mother a new iMac
for Christmas, and her Epson Stylus Color 740 -- unsupported by
Snow Leopard -- is now junk. So we'd like to...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 09, 06:40 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
What's a DeskJet 500K?

William R. Walsh wrote:

I also found it noteworthy that *everyone* selling the ink cartridges is
trying to get around $40 (USD) each for the black and color cartridges...
...After all of...
Forum: Printers September 23rd 09, 12:15 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Printing in Vista to an XP network machine Canon MP780

metspitzer wrote:
I am using an XP machine as kind of the server. I have an MP780
printer connected...
I just bought a Dell laptop with Vista installed. I want to print to
the XP machine.
Forum: Printers August 3rd 09, 09:20 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 24
How can I trick this printer into working

FB wrote:

Sara Brown wrote:
Hello...I just bought a new Canon MP190 all-in-one printer but found
that it is not (compatible) with Windows ME...
I have 2 computer(s) I use and I hooked...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14