Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mr. Man-wai Chang
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 20, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Sentenced to be burnt by USB

On 9/9/2020 8:25 AM, Flasherly wrote:

That's an idea, although they're both the same Gigabyte MB, probably
working great with other Flashsticks. At least I doubt I'd run into
that issue with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 8th 20, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Sentenced to be burnt by USB

On 8/9/2020 8:54 AM, Flasherly wrote:

Bought a Crucial 128G USB flashdrive, possibly for what a 256G SDD now
costs. Not that old, at least for me, but obviously not new. Four to
five...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 19, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 54
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Tachi X570 has only 1 gigabit ethernetport kinda disappointing(not future-proof, no 10 GBe)

On 7/9/2019 10:53 PM, Char Jackson wrote:

Let's talk about it when the price of 10G broadband plans could
challenge that of 1G plans.... 10G is definitely local/domestic speed only.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 19, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 54
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Tachi X570 has only 1 gigabit ethernetport kinda disappointing(not future-proof, no 10 GBe)

On 7/9/2019 7:58 PM, wrote:
2. But what is even worse is it's only 1 gigabit ethernet ?! Again WTF ?!
How the **** I am supposed to transfer my 50 terrabyte of data from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 20th 19, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 0
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Windows 7, Windows 8,and Windows 8.1

Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Windows 7, Windows 8, and
Windows 8.1
Full story:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 25th 19, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.conspiracy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows 10 and BD PROCHOT

On 5/25/2019 4:07 AM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
atch.

For the avoidance of confusion: I (JPG) did _not_ write the above. (You
can tell that by counting ""s [anything I wrote would have one...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.conspiracy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows 10 and BD PROCHOT

On 5/25/2019 12:40 AM, Paul wrote:

You can disable all the C states in the BIOS and disable
EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep). That's the equivalent of
using the "Performance" schema in the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
WD hi-state = ADATA/Seagate

On 5/22/2019 6:37 AM, Flasherly wrote:
WD, aside, is labeling branded SSDs to color classes: a color meaning,
accordingly in keeping with a prior tactic, is to provide no info on
build...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.conspiracy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows 10 and BD PROCHOT

On 5/24/2019 1:12 AM, Paul wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 5/23/2019 7:52 AM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
Does Win 7 play tricks with BD PROCHOT in its automatic updates? I don't
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 12th 19, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
What happened to cheap reliable ADSL modems ?

On 5/13/2019 3:15 AM, Shadow wrote:

I bought 2 D-Link DSL 500B modems a while ago at $US 20,00
each.
Lightning struck, so I replaced the one that was there, but
all I can find locally...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 8th 19, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Better FLAC Player ? Fast, Good playlist, Low CPU ?

On 5/7/2019 5:17 AM, wrote:
Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

VCL Media Player's playlist feature has all kinds of issues, permission issues, sometimes hard to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 19, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
How do you recycle solar panels?

On 4/17/2019 8:00 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 4/17/2019 11:00 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/13/2019 6:56 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

How do you recycle solar panels? Without any...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 05:08 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

On 1/18/2019 12:05 AM, nospam wrote:

that part is true.
people are easily phished.

It's that people has no authority over Micro$oft and US Government. :)

--
@~@ Remain silent!...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

On 1/17/2019 11:37 PM, Wolf K wrote:

That is, if quantum computers remain forever only a hopeful gleam in
developers' eyes. Successful quantum computers would make any notion of
fundamental...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

On 1/17/2019 11:08 PM, Johnny wrote:

I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
why a company...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 19, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.freeware,alt.conspiracy
Replies: 31
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 18, 11:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

On 12/9/2018 10:44 AM, Diesel wrote:

Interesting. You post something useful for a change! :)

I think weather information is also very useful sometimes helpful.

Anyway... :)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 18, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

On 12/8/2018 4:21 AM, Ant wrote:

The last time I downloaded 64-bit W7 HPE ISO had SP1, but that was a
couple years ago.

I suspect it's still Win 7 SP1, now that M$ is trying to push Win...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 18, 11:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download

New Windows 7 and 8.1 ISOs Now Available for Download
Full story:
https://news.softpedia.com/news/new-windows-7-and-8-1-isos-now-available-for-download-524135.shtml

Download link:...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 18, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/28/2018 6:02 PM, Shadow wrote:

I don't get paid to solve Micro$oft's problems. It's not my business.

No, you are currently unemployed. Something about psychosis.

My statement...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 18, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/26/2018 2:43 AM, Flasherly wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:32:14 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

I don't get paid to solve Micro$oft's problems. It's not my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 18, 11:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/25/2018 12:48 AM, Flasherly wrote:

We are, besides an age of programmers and engineers, the easiest way
out, but we are also an age of armies of entrenched legality in
defense of fees...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 18, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/22/2018 9:05 PM, Yrrah wrote:
Bill :

Instead of trying to figure out what's happening, just clean
install EVERYTHING including Window$? :)

That is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 18, 04:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/22/2018 2:48 AM, Paul wrote:

But you install for any possible reason.

If the sun goes behind the clouds outside, you reinstall your OS.

If a black cat crosses your...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 18, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Man-wai Chang
Something is scanning my system, probably spyware in Firefox.

On 11/22/2018 12:51 AM, Mark wrote:
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 10:38:09 -0500, Bill wrote:

Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

My best guess it's Firefox secretly scanning...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500