Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 3.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: UCLAN[_2_]
Forum: General May 19th 11, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
New System - Want to connect power. Need Help

Frederick wrote:

I am trying to install a new system consisting of the following:

1) Tower - Thermaltake V4 Black Edition (VM30001W2Z) ATX Mid-Tower

2) MOBO - Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H

Forum: General May 5th 11, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 29
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Computer won't turn on!

mm wrote:

Computer won't turn on!

About 4 months ago, my computer wouldn't turn on.

It has an Asus mobo with an ATX power supply. I turn it on and off at
least once a day.

I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 5th 11, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Computer won't turn on!

mm wrote:

Computer won't turn on!

About 4 months ago, my computer wouldn't turn on.

It has an Asus mobo with an ATX power supply. I turn it on and off at
least once a day.

I...
Forum: Printers March 16th 11, 03:39 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
I think I am going to buy this laser printer

Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EWDXO8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A17MC6HOH9AVE6

Anyone have one? Any dislikes? Will it print on envelopes?

Knock yourself...
Forum: Printers February 24th 11, 07:21 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Brother mono laser HL-2240

Bennett wrote:

But when you can replace the whole printer for a third of the cost of the
drum alone,....I doesn't take a lot of time to know which way to go.

Drum, rated at ~12,000 pages,...
Forum: Printers February 21st 11, 08:37 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Brother mono laser HL-2240

aesthete8 wrote:

Recommendable?

I've had the HL-2140 for over a year. No problems. Easy to set up, easy
to use. The HL-2240 is this year's model.

BTW, the HL-2240 is on sale this week for $49.99...
Forum: General February 3rd 11, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Motherboard Dimensiion Confusion

wrote:

They list the size of both mobos at 24.4 x 21.5 cm (W x L), or 9.6 x
8.46 inches. I don't know where you got the 13-inch dimension but then
I've never seen a mobo that...
Forum: Printers November 2nd 10, 07:03 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Non-color laser printer for under $100

FjLee wrote:

Is that unreasonable to ask for?

About a year ago I bought a new Brother HL-2140 from STAPLES.
Cost was either $50 or $60......I can't remember.
In light duty service it's...
Forum: General August 4th 10, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Labtec sub-woofer

I'm looking for the sub-woofer unit for an old Labtec LCS-2412
2.1 computer speaker system. Does anyone know of a source? I came
upon a LCS-2420 sub-woofer. Can anyone tell me if it might work as
a...
Forum: Printers June 16th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Deskjet always turns on at powerup

TJ wrote:

On 06/15/2010 11:00 PM, Adam wrote:

My HP Deskjet D1430 always switches itself on whenever I turn on AC
power to the whole computer system. This is a waste of electricity and
Forum: General May 29th 10, 07:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
CPU fan speed has started to vary

mm wrote:

My CPU fan has started to vary in speed. At least I don't think it
did before.

It's no big deal to take off the fan again and clean it better, but
I'd appreciate your opinions...
Forum: General May 27th 10, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

kony wrote:

So you would disregard HP's listed spec of:

Ram (installed) 512 MB (1X512MB)
Maximum allowed 1 GB (2 x 512MB)

and the MB caveat of:

Support up to maximum 2 GB...
Forum: General May 26th 10, 05:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

kony wrote:

Its specs say:

Ram (installed) 512 MB (1X512MB)
Maximum allowed 1 GB (2 x...
Forum: General May 25th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

kony wrote:

It's got it's maximum RAM - 1GB.

Did you upgrade the CPU at some point? I ask because the
typical motherboard chipset from the 2.1GHz Athlon XP era
supported at least 1GB...
Forum: General May 22nd 10, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

Paul wrote:

My system is 6-years old. For normal home (non gaming) use, what is
today's
preffered CPU? Intel's Core i3? i5? AMD's Athlon II? AMD Phenom?

3G RAM? 6G RAM?

If I go...
Forum: General May 22nd 10, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

philo wrote:

My system is 6-years old. For normal home (non gaming) use, what is
today's preffered CPU? Intel's Core i3? i5? AMD's Athlon II? AMD Phenom?

3G RAM? 6G RAM?

If I go...
Forum: General May 22nd 10, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
What processor?

My system is 6-years old. For normal home (non gaming) use, what is today's
preffered CPU? Intel's Core i3? i5? AMD's Athlon II? AMD Phenom?

3G RAM? 6G RAM?

If I go with a "ready made" box, HP?...
Forum: General April 23rd 10, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 23
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Windows Unecessary Folders

Sjouke Burry wrote:

My Windows folder has a multitude of sub-folders named
$NtUninstallKB******$ where *=seemingly random numbers. What are these
and can I safely delete them? Pentium IV...
Forum: General March 31st 10, 05:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
reverse a fan

Joel wrote:

And it could make a big celebration if connecting a capacitor in reserved.
Heheheh back in 60's when I was studying electronics, we use to play trick
on each other by during lunch...
Forum: General March 26th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
reverse a fan

GT wrote:

Does it damage a case fan to reverse its current and make it go backwards?

It won't damage it. It simply won't spin at all. DC fans spin in only one
direction. The blade shape is...
Forum: General January 19th 10, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Audio is too fast

Jethro wrote:

I put a computer together from parts, and it has a problem I have
never encountered before. The audio (e.g. a singer's voice) is a
little fast similar to what would happen from...
Forum: General January 15th 10, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Power Supply fan stopped blowing!

mike wrote:

A power supply with the name "Silencer" is likely to have some internal
thermal control of the fan.

The Silencer 275 had no such circuit - it just had a very quiet fan. In
fact, the...
Forum: Printers January 5th 10, 06:09 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Brother HL-2140 & "toner saver" setting, etc.

FjLee wrote:

I have a brand new Brother HL 2140 b/w laser printer. I’ll use it for
text only.
It seems to print fine, and I like the nice crisp appearance of
text. The default settings...
Forum: General December 18th 09, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Why Widescreen?

Gary Brown wrote:

Most monitors nowadays are widescreen. What is the advantage?
I would prefer to get taller, not wider.

Stop eating. Put yourself on a "rack" daily.

Seriously, most films...
Forum: General November 30th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By UCLAN[_2_]
Anyway to block these spammers?

Dan wrote:

This is one group I've come to respect and love. most of my hardware
problems got their solutions here.
I note, disappointedly, spammers advertising stuff here. My private
gmail...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49