Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: P G
Forum: Overclocking May 21st 07, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By P G
Cpu to Dram ratio? confused!

Thanx for the explanation Phil...

This topic has been the source of much confusion, and was discussed in this
newsgroup about six weeks ago.

Confused? you bet!, but learning more each day...
Forum: Overclocking May 17th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By P G
Cpu to Dram ratio? confused!

So what you are saying is that its ok to have the memory speed faster
than the FSB, therefore a ratio of 1:1 is not necessary.

So, if say my FSB is at 300 and I can get the memory to run faster...
Forum: Overclocking May 16th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By P G
Cpu to Dram ratio? confused!

Can someone please explian which is better?

A cpu to ram ratio of 1:1 or not?

My M/B (Abit AB9 Pro Wifi) allows various settings for the cpu to ram
ratio, from 1:1 to 2:3 to 1:2 to 1:3 to 3:4 to...
Forum: Overclocking May 16th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 13
Posted By P G
Info required for Core 2 Duo and Abit AB9 pro M/B overclock?

Thanx, I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes, once again thanx
for the info.

8-)

I have the same CPU. I also have 800 MHz ram, running at stock speed and
voltage etc. Since you are...
Forum: Overclocking May 16th 07, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By P G
Best way to install case fans?

Hi...

Just a general question about case fans.

Do people think that case fans should draw warm air OUT of the case, or
draw cool air INTO the case?

I understand that it is now generally accepted...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By P G
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

That should of course be 320mb and NOT 420mb... 8-)

P G wrote:
Regarding my Nvidia 8800 GTS (420mb) GFX card...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By P G
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

Bad form to reply to ones own message, but thought it might help others.

Regarding my Nvidia 8800 GTS (420mb) GFX card...

I've now tested the pc several times using 3DMark06 and could not
complete...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By P G
PC lock ups - AMD Barton 2500+ usual temperatures?

Ok, Have done a V.quick strip down of this pc this afternoon, gave it a
quick clean (lots of dust in the cpu heatsink) and the old thermal paste
was bone dry and flaky.

Cleaned the cpu and...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 15th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By P G
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS (320mb) question?

In the new pc I have just built, I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS (320Mb)
GFX card (PCI-E) from overclockers.com

What sort of core clock and memory speeds are other users of this card
using?

My...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By P G
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS question?

In the new pc I have just built, I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS (320Mb)
GFX card (PCI-E) from overclockers.com

What sort of core clock and memory speeds are other users of this card
using?

My...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By P G
PC lock ups - AMD Barton 2500+ usual temperatures?

Yep, gonna give this a try and put some new thernal paste on and maybe
reverse one of the fans (side).

Thanx

peter wrote:
the only thing you have not done is reseat the heatsink on the...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By P G
PC lock ups - AMD Barton 2500+ usual temperatures?

My room temp is only about 25 degrees C

I have a cooler master heatsink and fan (I replaced the stock HSF that
came with the Barton CPU with this one when the cp was built).

But as its been on the...
Forum: Overclocking May 15th 07, 10:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By P G
PC lock ups - AMD Barton 2500+ usual temperatures?

Hi...

I'm tweaking one of my older pc's (I built it about three years ago) and
the cpu seems a bit hot to me, does anyone know what the usual
temperature limits are for an AMD Barton 2500+...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13