Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: s
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 09, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By s
no sound from speaker of a Dell Optiplex GX280 machine

Ben Myers wrote:
The Optiplex GX280 has an audio chip on the motherboard. Go into
the
BIOS setup (F2 when you first power up), and make sure that the on-board
audio is DISABLED. If it is...
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 09, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By s
no sound from speaker of a Dell Optiplex GX280 machine

The machine is a Dell Optiplex GX280 running Win XP professional 2002.
But, there is no sound coming from the speakers.

I am opening some music files using Windows media player which open
fine, but...
Forum: General October 30th 09, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By s
choosing compatible RAM

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply.

On Oct 28, 10:28*pm, Paul wrote:

You have a Pentium 4 model 640 3.2GHz core, FSB800 processor.
You currently have installed,...
Forum: General October 29th 09, 01:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By s
choosing compatible RAM

Either the PC2-6400 or the PC2-5300 would work. Faster memory
can work at slower speeds. The BIOS knows how to deal with it.
And based on my previous answer, there is no reason to worry
about...
Forum: General October 28th 09, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By s
choosing compatible RAM

I posted at
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.hardware/browse_thread/thread/ef0c3c9ad6b4717e/e4b54961e2648710?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=type+of+RAM+%2B+economical+#e4b54961e2648710
to know how to get...
Forum: General October 22nd 09, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By s
finding an HP printer within 200USD

Around 200$ is the budget for getting a HP printer. Which printer
should I choose? I want to get a one which is a color printer and also
has the ability to make color copies.

I looked at the HP...
Forum: General October 15th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By s
type of RAM to add which is economical

Peter/Paul,

I appreciate the prompt and detailed replies from both of you.

On Oct 14, 9:54*pm, "peter" wrote:
Forum: General October 15th 09, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By s
type of RAM to add which is economical

My system configuration is mentioned below

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP...
Forum: General August 29th 09, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By s
need advice on purchasing, setting up and maintaining a server

On Aug 28, 3:01*pm, "MF" wrote:
"s" wrote in ...
The server will host a...
Forum: General August 27th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By s
need advice on purchasing, setting up and maintaining a server

The server will host a Web Based application developed in Flex. Users
can go to a browser which has Flash installed, access our application,
see,add, remove their records and save it. It will store...
Forum: Dell Computers October 15th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for your reply.
On Oct 14, 10:07*pm, w_tom wrote:

Could that jack have been damaged due to thepowerspike I faced? *how
can I explain that during the
Forum: Dell Computers October 15th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for your reply.

On Oct 14, 6:16*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
yes, the ac adapter itself and/or the computer can be damaged from apower
surge. *this goes back to...
Forum: General October 15th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Otherwise, probing around thepowerjack should indicate if
it's shorting something it shouldn't, though when they are
loose it tends to be visually obvious. * A link to a really
high...
Forum: General October 15th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for your reply.

On Oct 15, 12:20*am, kony wrote:

In case there might have beenpowersurge damage, disconnect
all things possible while both the battery and AC adapter
Forum: General October 15th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks a lot for the reply and explanations.

On Oct 14, 8:45*pm, Paul wrote:

No. Typically apowerjack is damaged by mechanical forces.
Such as tripping on the cord and...
Forum: Dell Computers October 14th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for your reply.

On Oct 13, 9:26*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
the battery powers the laptop. *the ac adapter powers the laptop. *the
laptop 'knows' when there is...
Forum: General October 14th 08, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks again for the reply and great explanation.

On Oct 14, 3:02*am, Paul wrote:
This article, in the section at the top, shows a person checking theirpowerinput jack. (While...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response.

On Oct 13, 6:17*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
over time memory modules can creep out of there sockets due to natural
Forum: General October 13th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

Thanks for the reply.

A common failure point for laptops, is the power input jack on the
laptop motherboard. The pins on the jack can break away from the
PCB. Soldering them back may be of...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

On Oct 13, 9:48*am, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
pps. also the port on the laptop could be damaged. *you can try to jiggle
the cable while inserted into the back of the...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

On Oct 13, 9:34*am, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
it sounds like it is not getting any power, but could be something else....
first, i suggest removing the battery and...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 08, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

My laptop(Dell Inspiron 1100) is 5 years old. Suddenly, its power
supply seems to have died. It will not start(neither the CPU,hard
drive or monitor LED's power up when I press the power on...
Forum: General October 13th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By s
fixing power supply problems in dell Inspiron 1100

My laptop(Dell Inspiron 1100) is 5 years old. Suddenly, its power
supply seems to have died. It will not start(neither the CPU,hard
drive or monitor LED's power up when I press the power on...
Forum: Dell Computers January 8th 07, 08:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By s
Need a bootable ISO of Dell Inspiron 1100's diagnostic,driver CD

This worked fine till here for me. But, when I asked my Nero(6.6.0.8)
Enterprise edition to burn an image using the...
Forum: Dell Computers January 8th 07, 07:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By s
Need a bootable ISO of Dell Inspiron 1100's diagnostic,driver CD

Many thanks to all who attempted to help me.

But, for some reason CTRL+ALT+D did not work.

They do work, but you just need to add a boot image. Then you can make your
own diagnostic CD:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 51