Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 1.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Forum: General June 13th 13, 05:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
No sound card recognised

[Re posted after some cross-posting carelessness]

Sound at last!

Never has the Windows 'Welcome' fanfare been more, er, welcome.

I removed and cleaned up the sound card as recommended, including J...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 7th 13, 07:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Driver for Geoforce MX?

Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
On 06/06/2013 10:26 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:
My 10 year old XP PC, now used in my shed, crashed recently and I've just
re-installed Windows...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 6th 13, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Driver for Geoforce MX?

Paul wrote:

On 06/06/2013 10:26 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:
My 10 year old XP PC, now used in my shed, crashed recently and I've just
re-installed Windows XP. Could someone...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 6th 13, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Driver for Geoforce MX?

My 10 year old XP PC, now used in my shed, crashed recently and I've just
re-installed Windows XP. Could someone please advise what driver I need
for my graphics card, which is a "64 MB Nvidia...
Forum: General June 5th 13, 08:58 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 87
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
PC almost at standstill

Paul wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:
Latest info. Disk Mgmt window raises various puzzles:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4019461/DiskMgmt-2.jpg

Device Mgr also...
Forum: General June 5th 13, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 87
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
PC almost at standstill

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Latest info. Disk Mgmt window raises various puzzles:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4019461/DiskMgmt-2.jpg

Device Mgr also shows 3 optical...
Forum: General June 5th 13, 07:45 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 87
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
PC almost at standstill

Paul wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:
This follows on from my post describing a boot up failure, as the subject
heading of that is now misleading.

The consistent state...
Forum: General June 4th 13, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Cannot boot old PC

Terry Pinnell wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:

On 06/04/2013 07:27 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply, Andy,...
Forum: General June 4th 13, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Cannot boot old PC

Jon Danniken wrote:

On 06/04/2013 07:27 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply, Andy, which I'm reading on getting back home
some 6 hours after...
Forum: General June 4th 13, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Cannot boot old PC

"Andy" wrote:

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
I have an old PC in my shed. It's...
Forum: General June 4th 13, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Cannot boot old PC

I have an old PC in my shed. It's an 'AMD Athlon(TM) XP1800+', 'ASUS
A7A266-E ACPI BIOS Revision 1011'. It has been running OK. I powered it
down last night, after some hours uninstalling 40-50...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 20th 13, 12:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Help to interpret HD Tune results please

I have two identical 750 GB Samsung HDs on this Quad Core 2.66 GHz, 4 GB
RAM PC, under Win XP.

C: holds my OS and main data and I: is mainly backup. I also have two
external WD HDs, 1 TB and 2...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 18th 13, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Had to roll back from 310.90

I updated my nVIDIA GeoForce 8800GT driver a week or so ago to version
310.90. But I hit a major problem. I use FRAPS (mainly to record Google
Earth tours) and the frame rate dropped from its...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 12, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

"David" wrote:

You should see a driver number of 8.17.12.9610 when 296.10 is installed on
Windows 7 so I think the initial number (6 or 8) is related to your Windows...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 12, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

OK, thanks. Reckon I'll go ahead and install it then, although it's only
about a month since the last one.

Re the version numbering, I still don't see why MS and NVidia use such
wildly different...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 12, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

Eh? Did you read my post? I *am* getting my downloads from the NVIDIA
site.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

"peter" wrote:
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 12, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

Terry Pinnell wrote:

A month ago I updated my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT driver to the latest
version. Today I have an email '296.10 GeForce 8800 T - Windows XP'...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 12, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

A month ago I updated my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT driver to the latest
version. Today I have an email '296.10 GeForce 8800 T - Windows XP' saying
there's already another version available.

Q1: What...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 25th 11, 08:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Explorer has to wait for HD to fire up.

"Rod Speed" wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

I installed a second Western Digital My Book external HD (2 GB) a
month ago, supplementing my 1 GB unit. Recently I've...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 25th 11, 08:01 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Explorer has to wait for HD to fire up.

(GMAN) wrote:

In article , Arno wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:
I installed a second...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 24th 11, 09:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Explorer has to wait for HD to fire up.

I installed a second Western Digital My Book external HD (2 GB) a month
ago, supplementing my 1 GB unit. Recently I've noticed that
opening and saving files from several of my applications has slowed...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 21st 11, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Realtek - why no individual level controls?

Paul wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:
Hope someone here can clear up this puzzle please, as I'm having a hard
time finding an appropriate support link on the Realtek web...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 10th 11, 10:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Installing WD My Book external drive

I bought a WD My Book Essential 2 TB external drive and installed it last
night on my XP Pro PC. But either I'm missing something or there's a very
basic flaw in WD's installation procedure!

Apart...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 20th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Screen resolution is 1928 x 1208 instead of 1920 x 1200

"Homer Jay Simpson" wrote:

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
As I have a 512 MB...
Forum: General January 19th 11, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_3_]
Screen is 1928 x 1208, not 1920 x 1200

Paul wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I've had this problem for over two years so it's hardly a show-stopper.
But I'm now finally fed up with it and determined to find a fix. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43