Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rms[_4_]
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 14, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By rms[_4_]
Maximus VII Formula: Any firm release date on this??

Waiting...waiting for this one to appear!

rms
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors June 25th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 9
Posted By rms[_4_]
Swapping a cooler fan

So the processor should be protected against any
short term problems. I don't know what AMD uses for
throttling

Most bioses have a thermal shutdown option under PC Health. I set my X4
and...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors April 4th 12, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_4_]
Looking for the FX 8170

Under $150 for a gtx 560 now, though I'd probably hold out for a 560Ti or
wait for the mid-range 600...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors April 4th 12, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_4_]
Looking for the FX 8170

Yes, I have an AM3+ motherboard, and my graphics card is an XFX Radeon HD
5770. Any ideas as to how limited this would make my gaming experience?

All I'm saying is look beyond the cpu to improve...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors April 2nd 12, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_4_]
Looking for the FX 8170

Folks, I know that this post is probably asking for the trolls to pop up,
but I figure I'll post it anyways. I am running on a Phenom II X4 955. I
want to upgrade, but I am waiting for the FX 8170 to...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors November 30th 11, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_4_]
Using the AMD Overdrive utility

240mhz fsb
x17 multiplier = 4080mhz
x11 northbridge mult
x10 HT mult
memory x6.66 mult at 8-8-8-24 1T (corsair 1600mhz dominators)
cpu core volts 1.475v, associated chipset voltages...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors November 29th 11, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_4_]
Using the AMD Overdrive utility

Just to give you a data point on overclocking via the bios (which I
recommend vs some windows utility), here are my overclocked settings on a
1090T x6, on a 890GX motherboard, which it's been at...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 4th 11, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_4_]
Is there a VRAM tester for ATI Radeon HD video cards?

Something like memtest86? Just wondering. Thank you in advance. :)

OCCT gpu test shows errors in it's display when ran. That's what I use
it for, anyway!

rms
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 2nd 11, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_4_]
AM2 Cooler

I was wondering if this Inno3D cooler would fit an older AM2 motherboard as
it only mentions AM2+ and AM3.

It also mentions '939', which I believe is in fact AM2. My opteron165
dual-core was a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 3rd 11, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTS 250 vibrating

Hey all, now and again, my card vibrates and makes an annoying sound whilst
it does so. Let me be clear he it's the card itself and not the fan.

I believe inductors & capacitors commonly...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 30th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 0
Posted By rms[_4_]
Nvidia 270 beta drivers out, speedups for newer games

Big speedups for newer games like Dragon Age 2 on 400/500 series. In the
beta driver section on nvidia.com

rms
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 29th 10, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By rms[_4_]
Replacement for 8800GT

?It's interesting that you mention the fan, because several times in the
last 6 months or so it's become noisy. A high pitched, almost 'whistling'
sound. Plainly sounded like it needed lubrication.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 26th 10, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By rms[_4_]
Replacement for 8800GT

?After much research and discussion in various forums I've come to the
(sad) conclusion that the frequent crashes I'm getting are almost
certainly signs of a failing or buggy graphics card.

Forum: Ati Videocards November 25th 10, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_4_]
ATI?AMD HD Radion Drivers

?It looks like the 10.11 driver version has improved things a bit!

Nvidia posted a claim of performance cheating against these drivers, has
AMD responded yet?

rms
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 1st 10, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_4_]
Asus Crosshair 1V Formula Overclocking Problem

?I am running a Phenom II X6 1090T with 4gb G-Skill F3-16000CL9-2GBRH

Well I easily reached 4ghz with both the x4 and this x6 on the gigabyte
890gx mobo with noctua DH-14 aircooler, by simply...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors October 18th 10, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_4_]
Good news for Owners of AM2+ /w SB600

? Yup, I'm pretty happy with Gigabyte.

[...looking to upgrade to X6 myself sometime...]

I'm running the 1090T X6 on their 890GPA-UD3H offering at 4ghz, and am
very pleased.

rms
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 18th 10, 03:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 460 vs HD 5850 ?

I'm playing CoP at 1920x1200 dx11 max settings on this gtx470, and am
very pleased. Haven't fired up Metro2033 at all yet, but I'll try it for
a bit later this weekend to see.

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 10, 05:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 460 vs HD 5850 ?

Thanks for the link in the other posting. HD 5770 turns out to be
roughly twice as fast as HD 3870. This makes me choice tougher for me,
between those three cards.

I'd consider the 5770...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 16th 10, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_4_]
GeForce 8800GT seems hot

My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
still seems very hot.

Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.

rms
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 16th 10, 04:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

There is a probable reason why the 465 is a 465 and not a 470. Try
running Furmark 'Extreme Burning Mode" on a 465 BIOS-flashed to 470.

Sure. As I said before, this particular model 465 is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 15th 10, 04:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card,
take a gander at the MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition.

I'm not saying this is the deal to end all deals. ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 13th 10, 06:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card, take a
gander at the MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition.

Down to $240 now on newegg!

rms
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 11th 10, 06:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By rms[_4_]
GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card, take a gander
at the MSI N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition. This card is marketed as a
gtx465, but the hardware itself is a 470,...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 5th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_4_]
Phenom x6, initial impression

Do you happen to have an AMD2+ motherboard with SB600 to see if X6
work?

No, sorry. I skipped one or generations this upgrade cycle, coming from
a 939 socket dualcore opteron setup :)

rms
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 4th 10, 08:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_4_]
Phenom x6, initial impression

Just installed this tonight, put it into a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H with the
latest F7beta bios, and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37