Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Baron[_3_]
Forum: General February 3rd 11, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 20
Posted By Baron[_3_]
motherboard pwr_on pins resistance?

John Keiser Inscribed thus:

I have practiced removing caps on old MB's and I find it not so easy.
I like this idea a lot and will give it a try.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Shush don't tell...
Forum: General September 15th 10, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical
Replies: 9
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Expro universal power adapter doesn't do 18.5V

123Jim Inscribed thus:

Hi all,
My second laptop power cable began to get flaky .. intermittently
failing to power/charge the laptop/battery.
I decided to get a replacement for it in the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 09, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. Inscribed thus:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:04:04 -0500, "- Bobb -"
wrote:

THEO@TO. wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 11
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Using ice-cubes to cool cpu ? Plausible ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

I met this nigga online was... we were playing Civilization 3 Conquest
which makes the cpu run very hot... and ofcourse naturally I was
kicking his ass...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 09, 08:57 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 38
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Power supplies with solid polymer caps

Arfa Daily wrote:
As far as your contention that most of the caps that fail are running
at under 60 deg and are not in hotspots, that may be true if you are
talking just mobos, which are a bit...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 22nd 09, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.computer
Replies: 24
Posted By Baron[_3_]
The only way to clean your HDD

Ato_Zee wrote:

Wont work in his case, he needs something he can use when the goons
are breaking down his door.

Thermite will take too long to ignite and go to completeion.
10 guage?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 09, 10:08 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computer
Replies: 1,182
Posted By Baron[_3_]
My Vintage Dream PC

Dave Garland wrote:

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I don't think there were many editors, particularly in the
early pre-XT days, that had the capability of working with files
bigger than...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computer
Replies: 1,182
Posted By Baron[_3_]
My Vintage Dream PC

John Larkin wrote:

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 02:46:41 -0700,
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:31:08 -0700, John...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 7th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Baron[_3_]
How to identify a motherboard?

wrote:

I am building a P4 machine for my dear old mom.

Someone gave me a motherboard, and I simply couldn't locate any info
for it.

Here are the specs for the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 09, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Using a second computer case as an external SCSI enclosure

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

wrote:

Either MCM (MCMinOne.com) or newegg has a power supply test load for
a couple of bucks. Attach it to the 20 or 24 pin...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 30th 09, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Using a second computer case as an external SCSI enclosure

wrote:

Hi All,

I have an ancient computer that's just collecting dust on my network,
and I'd like to use it as an enclosure to hold (and power) a few SCSI
devices,...
Forum: General December 22nd 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computers,alt.computer.security
Replies: 20
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Can volatile RAM still contain evidence?

GreenXenon wrote:

Hi:

Can informating stored in volatile RAM still be recovered after the
computer is turned off? I remember reading something on a forensics
website that the evidence is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 17th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Hardware damaged again.

larry moe 'n curly Inscribed thus:

What kind of plastic? If you're referring to insulating
washers that go around the mobo mounting holes, you want them to be
either cardboard (fiber), Mylar,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 17th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 58
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Hardware damaged again.

larry moe 'n curly Inscribed thus:

What kind of plastic? If you're referring to insulating
washers that go around the mobo mounting holes, you want them to be
either cardboard (fiber), Mylar,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 17th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 58
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Hardware damaged again.

larry moe 'n curly Inscribed thus:

What kind of plastic? If you're referring to insulating
washers that go around the mobo mounting holes, you want them to be
either cardboard (fiber), Mylar,...
Forum: General June 30th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.computers,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Baron[_3_]
My old disc driver have died.

Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

I tried to use an old computer today and it was
diving drive errors, I had not used the comp for
over a year, it is possible the drives have seized up?
Neither...
Forum: Compaq Computers June 22nd 08, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 7
Posted By Baron[_3_]
Warranty after replacement ?

- Bobb - wrote:

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
That's not right. Replacement machine should be covered by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 08, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 17
Posted By Baron[_3_]
How do I check if power supply for my PC is working? Heeeeeeeeelp!!!

zalek wrote:

Thanks to everyone a lot for the suggestions.
In the meantime, I connected the motherboard with a known working
power supply, and still nothing happened. I also checked the...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18