Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 7th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 0
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS problem

I've had this board for nearly a month now. And it typically works just
fine. However, every once in a while...at boot up time...it drops the newer
F8 BIOS and resets itself back to the F7 version....
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 24th 09, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Xpress Recovery2 problem

"Paul" wrote in message:

Well, I'm running out of things to suggest.

Is it possible there is a difference in response, between
using a PS/2 keyboard, versus a USB...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 24th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Xpress Recovery2 problem

"Paul" wrote in message

From the manual

* Hard drives in RAID/AHCI mode are not supported.

What mode did you use for the hard drive ?

HTH,
Paul
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 24th 09, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Xpress Recovery2 problem

I did this backup when I first installed Vista with all of the drivers &
updates installed. I booted from the mb disk, backed up, and all went
fine...or so it appeared. Today I decided to test it...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 20th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P memory question

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message :

Are you trying to overclock? I don't have enough information about your
system to make a suggestion, but if you are trying to overclock, you will
get no...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 15th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P memory question

"Paul" wrote in message:

Do you double check with CPUZ ? DDR3-2000 should show a
1000MHz clock (you have to multiply the CPUZ value
by two, as a rule).

Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 15th 09, 12:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P memory question

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message:

The answer to this is surprisingly simple.

There is no Jedec standard for speeds above 1066MHz. By default, the
board reads the...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 15th 09, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P memory question

"Paul" wrote in message:

http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX16000D3K3_3GX.pdf

You could try "sneaking up on it". Experiment with ever higher
settings, to see how far...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 15th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By James
GA-EX58-UD4P memory question

I ordered Kingston HyperX 1GB KHX16000D3K3/3GX (DDR3 2000) x3 according to
the mfg's QVL along with my UD4P motherboard. My problem is that the
motherboard (with F8 BIOS) sets the memory frequency...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 9th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By James
Why do MB's range in price from $40 to $250?

"Robert Blass" wrote in message:

Why do motherboards range in price from $40 to $250?
Are their that many more features that justify a $200+ board?

Should I buy a $40 board or a $250...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 5th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By James
M2N-E and Phenom 9500

"Paul" wrote in message:
So, the first question would be, whether the dual core optimizer is still
a legit solution for the quad core.

There is this thread, on setting up...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 3rd 08, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By James
M2N-E and Phenom 9500

Just installed this X4 chip in my M2N-E. My BIOS is 1304 beta. Runs well
under Vista SP1 with TLB disabled (sam2008's tools). Significantly faster
than the old X2 4400+. However, something very...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 11th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By James
M2A-VM HDMI and GGC-H20L

I'm getting ready to buy the GGC-H20L drive. I already have Cyberlink Power
DVD Ultra, and the Asus MB (w AMD X2 4200+ and 2GB).

I am planning to watch HD movies on my 47" 1080p. And before I blow...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 24th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Intel vs AMD

Can someone help me to understand AMD's marketing strategy?

Phenom 9700 - $319 (Amazon)
Intel Q6600 - - $279 (Amazon)

If you look at the sales numbers, Intel quads are outselling AMD nearly 10
to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 29th 07, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By James
Thinking about upgrading to AMD Phenom

Thanks Paul. From the information that you linked, I've concluded that
waiting for the BIOSs to get de-bugged would be wise. Perhaps the price will
go down by then also. I also need to run some of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 28th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By James
Thinking about upgrading to AMD Phenom

I have 2 AM2 systems. The M2N-E & M2A-VM HDMI.

I guess my first question would be if the current BIOSs (1202 & 1601) will
accomodate this cpu..?

The big question: Is it worth the $260 per machine...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 2nd 07, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Video update caused Vista reactivation

"BTNewsGroups" wrote in message:

Welcome to the Vista world! I was pretty annoyed a few months ago when I
had the same reactivation message after removing...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 2nd 07, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Video update caused Vista reactivation

"Kevin Weaver" wrote in message

If you go thru this many then you should buy one that has a lifetime
warranty. EVGA Comes to mind.

Yes, my new video card is an...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 1st 07, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By James
Video update caused Vista reactivation

Is this a typical occurrence for video card upgrades under Windows Vista?

I upgraded from a GeForce 7300GT that burned up, to a GeForce 7600GT....and
immediately Windows said "new hardware...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 10th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By James
Vista 32 & 158.24 & BSOD!

Just FYI, the problem file listed on the BSOD is: nvlddmkm.sys

There appears to be a google history of problems relating to this file
causing the dreaded BSOD.

However, I haven't seen the error...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 9th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By James
Vista 32 & 158.24 & BSOD!

Hardwa Asus A8N-E mb, Asus 7300GT video card
Video Driver: 158.24 released on 6-1-07

Problem: random BSOD (caused by an nvidia ssociated video driver file)

Solution: went back to 158.18

Nothing...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 15th 06, 01:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 52
Posted By James
Vista Useage Restrictions

Patrician wrote:

This is really going to hit upgraders. Change a major part (Motherboard,
CPU, Graphic Card or HDD) in your PC and you'll have to re-activate Vista.
Try to do that more that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 10th 06, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By James
91.47 crashes XP Pro on AMD

James wrote:

I just took your advice and ran the cleaner. Now I'll have to wait and
see if that fixes the problem.

No luck. It just crashed again.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 10th 06, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By James
91.47 crashes XP Pro on AMD

John Lewis wrote:

Google for Driver Cleaner, and use it to clear out all video driver
residues. Read the Driver Cleaner instructions very carefully and
I suggest also generating a system...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 9th 06, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By James
91.47 crashes XP Pro on AMD

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
I am running an MSI PCI-E 6600 PCI Express board with
two DVI outputs on an ASUS A8N-E motherboard and AMD 64 bit CPU.
I have the latest Microsoft...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36