Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mcp6453[_2_]
Forum: Printers January 16th 10, 02:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Alternative Software for HP C3180

As anyone who has used an HP all-in-one printer knows, the software that HP
supplies is bloated and cumbersome. You have to scan twice to get a single scan.
It installs a lot of programs that I don't...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 10th 09, 02:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Software Recommendation for Consolidating Hard Drives

I have a lot of hard drives that I have collected over the year from upgrades.
Our digital pictures and documents have all been backed up to my peer-to-peer
server drive. They are certainly not...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 19th 09, 06:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Lower Cost Data Recovery Services

Can the regulars here recommend a reputable but lower cost hard drive
recovery service in the US? Kroll probably does the best work, but their
quote for an 80GB drive started at $600. For example,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 19th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Crashed Maxtor Drive - Ideas?

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:05:12 -0500, mcp6453 put
finger to keyboard and composed:

The 80GB Maxtor drive on my friend's XP SP3 computer crashed. There...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 17th 09, 08:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Crashed Maxtor Drive - Ideas?

Rod Speed wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
The 80GB Maxtor drive on my friend's XP SP3 computer crashed. There
was a power flicker, and the power to the machine was interrupted. (It was
at that point...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 17th 09, 06:15 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Crashed Maxtor Drive - Ideas?

Arno wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
The 80GB Maxtor drive on my friend's XP SP3 computer crashed. There was
a power flicker, and the power to the machine was interrupted. (It was...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 17th 09, 02:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Crashed Maxtor Drive - Ideas?

The 80GB Maxtor drive on my friend's XP SP3 computer crashed. There was
a power flicker, and the power to the machine was interrupted. (It was
at that point he learned that his UPS had died, or...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 9th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
HD 2400 Pro

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
I don't think the card itself is incompatible. Two things come to mind,
first are the drivers for the motherboard installed? Maybe they weren't
as...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 8th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
HD 2400 Pro

Michael W. Ryder wrote:

I used a HD 2400 Pro on a new Vista build for about a week with none of
the problems you are seeing. I had already installed the June 2008 CAT
files from ATI for a...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 8th 08, 12:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
HD 2400 Pro

Michael W. Ryder wrote:

I used a HD 2400 Pro on a new Vista build for about a week with none of
the problems you are seeing. I had already installed the June 2008 CAT
files from ATI for a...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 8th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
HD 2400 Pro

I just bought the Gigabyte HD 2400 Pro video card to install in an IBM Pentium 4
3GHz computer. The first driver I installed was the latest from the Gigabyte web
site. It took about 5 minutes for...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 27th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
SATA Connector Question

Is the SATA connector on a 2.5" notebook drive a different SATA
connector than is found on the 3.5" desktop drive? I need to copy a
notebook drive, and the connector at least looks different. If it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 27th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Strange Problems with new WD3200AAJB Drive

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:12:30 GMT, mcp6453 put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I tried replacing the 160GB hard drive in my ReplayTV DVR with a brand...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 25th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Strange Problems with new WD3200AAJB Drive

I tried replacing the 160GB hard drive in my ReplayTV DVR with a brand
new WD3200AAJB drive. Unfortunately, the AA drives are not compatible
with the Replay 5000 series. (I have never had a problem...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 9th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Toasted Board on WD Drive

Arno Wagner wrote:
Previously mcp6453 wrote:
I smoked the board on my WD1600 drive thanks to a bad power
supply. There are tons of similar boards on eBay, but I cannot...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 9th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Toasted Board on WD Drive

I smoked the board on my WD1600 drive thanks to a bad power supply. There are
tons of similar boards on eBay, but I cannot match all of the numbers.

MDL: WD1600BB-00FTA0
DATE: 11 MAY 2004
DCM:...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 30th 07, 02:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
AHCI Test

What utility can I use to verify proper operation of a new computer in the AHCI
mode? The drive is a Seagate SATA-II (300). What does AHCI do for the average
user who does not hot swap?
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Nvidia 8800GT/GTS

Why? My son's EVGA 8800GT is working extremely well. His framerate went from 30
to bursting in excess of 200, whatever that means.

Marc Desiderius wrote:
I purchased a Nvidia 8800 GTS with 640...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 17th 07, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Nvidia 8800GT/GTS

deimos wrote:
Mike Phillips wrote:

deimos wrote:

mcp6453 wrote:

While I know quite a bit about computers, I am certainly not up to
speed on video cards. Others have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 14th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Nvidia 8800GT/GTS

While I know quite a bit about computers, I am certainly not up to speed
on video cards. Others have recommended that my son get an 8800GT or GTS
for a Christmas present. The recommended seller...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 24th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Replacement Video Card

JT wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

Augustus wrote:

If you're looking to replace a 9800 Pro on an AGP...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Replacement Video Card

Augustus wrote:
If you're looking to replace a 9800 Pro on an AGP motherboard, your only
option is a better AGP card. PCI-e requires a new motherboard. Two of of
the best AGP cards out...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Replacement Video Card

Augustus wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

My son has a Radeon 9800 Pro (AGP) in his 3GHz PC. He wants a new...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Replacement Video Card

My son has a Radeon 9800 Pro (AGP) in his 3GHz PC. He wants a new
computer and video card. The computer is easy, but what's the next
logical step for a video card? I'm not familiar ATI's model...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 18th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.computer
Replies: 1
Posted By mcp6453[_2_]
Tech Web Site Recommendations

experts-exchange.com is a superb tech support web site for posting
questions, but I cannot justify the annual fee for membership.
computing.net has pretty good traffic, but the web site is somewhat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25