Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
USB Over Current Status

On 2010-12-16 08:29, Paul wrote:

What happens if you disconnect the mouse, wait two minutes,
and move it to another port. Does it work then ?

Nopes, same problem, and tried it on my server and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 16th 10, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
USB Over Current Status

On 2010-12-16 01:40, Paul wrote:

Intel Southbridges in the past, have had OC# input pins on them.
Your overcurrent message, may be causes by that OC# input pin seeing
a change in state. So...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 16th 10, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
USB Over Current Status

On 2010-12-16 00:53, Mike Paff wrote:

It could be that, or some component inside the mouse has failed and
created a partial short which is causing the mouse to draw too much
current. Either...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 15th 10, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
USB Over Current Status

Hi!

I have a P7P55D Deluxe that have been running fine since the build.
Today midgaming session my mouse suddenly went black and ceased to work,
when trying to reboot I got the message that USB...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 9th 10, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Thomas Andersson
GeForce GTX 460 FTW work in a mobo with PCI Express 1.*??

On 2010-10-09 03:13, First of One wrote:
This is a single-core 2.4 GHz, correct? Performance in games would probably
be a wash with my old 4400+ (2.2 GHz dual core). You'll notice a speed
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 8th 10, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2010-10-08 18:38, PW wrote:

As I said in my other reply to you, some maybe, depending on your ram
and CPU. basically your system won't be able to feed the 460 properly
(the while I ran...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 8th 10, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Can PCI Express 2.0 Vid card work in a 1.0 Mobo?

On 2010-10-08 18:37, PW wrote:

I can not afford a new PC right now or in the foreseeable future. My
present one has an ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 (I think) and also is using
an EVGA...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 8th 10, 11:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 2010-10-08 06:27, PW wrote:

Yes it should work. PCIe 2.0 cards are backwards compatible. I upgraded from
X1900XT Crossfire to a single GTX 285, definitely noticed a difference.
These...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 8th 10, 11:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2010-10-08 03:52, PW wrote:
Hi,

I can not afford a new PC right now or in the foreseeable future. My
present one has an ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 (I think) and also is using
an EVGA...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 3rd 10, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Switching from AHCI to RAID on win7 install?

On 2010-10-01 19:35, Ian D wrote:

If I do get an SSD, it will be an OCZ Vertex 2, or maybe a
Vertex 3 by the time I get around to it. The Vertex 2 has
the Sandforce controller with built in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 3rd 10, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2010-10-01 18:48, Paul wrote:

I'm beginning to believe, the reason Thomas's system blue screened
when set to RAID, is because iastorv.inf doesn't have a plug
and play entry for his chipset....
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 3rd 10, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On 2010-10-01 17:33, Ian D wrote:
It could be, you need to make a registry key value change,
before switching that BIOS setting. Apparently, a Windows 7
"optimization" is to disable drivers...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 29th 10, 10:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Switching from AHCI to RAID on win7 install?

Hi!

I have a P7P55D Deluxe with a Corsair F60 SSD as boot disk, to optimize
my system for the SSD I installed it in AHCI mode. Now I'm going to
build a RAID for storage though and need to switch...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 26th 10, 06:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Applying TX-4

On 2010-09-25 19:06, GMAN wrote:

Any trick to applying this? I bought a syringe of TX-4 paste to use in
my new system but can't apply it. I rolls up, rolls of the CPU, sticks
to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 26th 10, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Applying TX-4

On 2010-09-24 04:42, KCB wrote:

Any trick to applying this? I bought a syringe of TX-4 paste to use in
my new system but can't apply it. I rolls up, rolls of the CPU, sticks
to the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 25th 10, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Applying TX-4

On 2010-09-23 03:26, KCB wrote:

"Thomas Andersson" wrote in message
Any trick to applying this? I bought a syringe of TX-4 paste...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 22nd 10, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas Andersson
RAm setup for full ram on P7P55D Deluxe?

Hi!

Just got all my new parts andis putting together my new machine. All
I've done so far is to update to latest bios.
I have a P7P55D-Deluxe with a I5 760 CPU, my ram is a matched set of
Corsair...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 22nd 10, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Applying TX-4

Any trick to applying this? I bought a syringe of TX-4 paste to use in
my new system but can't apply it. I rolls up, rolls of the CPU, sticks
to the spreader and does just about anything but stick...
Forum: Overclocking September 22nd 10, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas Andersson
Applying TX-4?

Any trick to applying this? I bought a syringe of TX-4 paste to use in
my new system but can't apply it. I rolls up, rolls of the CPU, sticks
to the spreader and does just about anything but stick...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 15th 10, 11:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Thomas Andersson
bios update from express gate

On 2010 sep 15 10:33, Tony Neville wrote:

If you don't have a usb drive, would it be possible to flash the bios
somehow using ExpressGate (maybe over the web or something)?
I will use a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 14th 10, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Thomas Andersson
bios update from express gate

If you don't have a usb drive, would it be possible to flash the bios
somehow using ExpressGate (maybe over the web or something)?
I will use a P7P55D Deluxe.
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 13th 10, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Thomas Andersson
p7p55D Del and fan control

On 2010 sep 13 00:31, Paul wrote:

At one time, I used to favor using more fans. But after some
experimentation, I generally aim now for *one* separate case
fan, the CPU fan, a video fan (even...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 12th 10, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Thomas Andersson
p7p55D Del and fan control

On 2010 sep 12 22:20, Paul wrote:

Is there any software that will allow me to monitor and control
individual (or groups of) fans on a Asus P7P55D Deluxe or do I have to
get a hardware fan...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 12th 10, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Thomas Andersson
p7p55D Del and fan control

Hi!

Is there any software that will allow me to monitor and control
individual (or groups of) fans on a Asus P7P55D Deluxe or do I have to
get a hardware fan controller for that?

TIA
Thomas
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123