Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: thoss
Forum: Printers September 27th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By thoss
accessing wireless printer after improving broadband security

At 17:47:35 on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 Paul Naylor opined:-

I would be grateful for any pointers here.
I have set up my Canon Pixma 5200R to interact wirelessly with my
laptops and this has worked...
Forum: Printers August 31st 07, 12:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Posted By thoss
Printing on plastic for outdoor use R1800

At 15:30:12 on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 Paul Furman opined:-

I want to print some plant labels: half-letter-size semi-rigid on a wire
stand with color photo, graphics & description. This would be...
Forum: Printers July 30th 07, 09:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By thoss
Manual Duplex printing with Canon ip4200

At 18:53:32 on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 Niels Erik opined:-

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net skrev i en meddelelse
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:19:21 +0200,...
Forum: Printers June 29th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By thoss
Epson R300 ink pad access for cleaning

At 04:52:30 on Fri, 29 Jun 2007 Arthur Entlich opined:-

What some people have done (usually before it gets so bad that the
printer is leaking) is they add an extension to the waste ink tube and...
Forum: Printers June 5th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By thoss
print to file - without altering the original file

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a "print to file" printer that would simply
redirect a file to a folder. The issue I'm having is that say I print
a PDF file, the "print...
Forum: General June 3rd 07, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By thoss
Recommendations for Notebook/Projector combination

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 FredBear wrote:

If it had a dual
screen graphics card it would be very helpful. By that I mean so I can
see the laptop in one resolution and see the screen in a different,...
Forum: Printers May 26th 07, 06:29 PM Posted to comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 53
Posted By thoss
Stay away from Canon products!

On Sat, 26 May 2007 wrote:

I bought a Canon Pixma 160 printer/copier/scanner, and three weeks
later, it quit working. The instruction book says that the warranty
includes "Instant exchange...
Forum: Printers April 8th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By thoss
Alternative to laminated card?

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 Fred McKenzie wrote:

I was asked if it was possible to laminate club membership cards. Of
course it is, but commonly available lamination pouches are longer than
a typical...
Forum: Printers March 25th 07, 11:23 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 23
Posted By thoss
New head design for very rapid printing

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 William R. Walsh wrote:

Hi!

A company called memjet, has announced they have developed a series of
inkjet heads which literally fit across the area normally traversed...
Forum: Printers March 4th 07, 10:37 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By thoss
is my printer dead?

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 rb wrote:

Got a HP-842c deskjet that's suddenly quit working. We had a power outage
last Monday, and my keyboard quit working when power was restored. I now
think...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 07, 09:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By thoss
Where can I get a "document copying wand"?

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 Vanguard wrote:

"Alix" wrote in message
Where can I get a hand-held wand which I can pass across a sheet...
Forum: General February 28th 07, 09:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Alix" wrote in message
Where can I get a hand-held wand which I can pass across a sheet...
Forum: Printers February 27th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 166
Posted By thoss
Kodak re-enters inkjet biz Now: tops and bottoms

I believe in bottom-posting, but I am deliberately top-posting here
without any trimming so that, hopefully, you may see the error of your
ways.

You start the message below with "You are the...
Forum: Printers February 26th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 166
Posted By thoss
Kodak re-enters inkjet biz

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 Ron Baird wrote:

Art,

You have an amazing ability to judge people based on their words and how
they use them. It is readily apparent that you are a wordsmith as you have...
Forum: Printers February 21st 07, 05:30 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 166
Posted By thoss
Kodak re-enters inkjet biz

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 Arthur Entlich wrote:

People who are very active posters (that's people who actually write
original information, rather than just quote others and add a few words)
tend to...
Forum: Printers December 31st 06, 09:20 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By thoss
Canon pixma mp750, how to print on 'all' of cd/dvd?

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 wrote:

Hello, I can't find a way to reduce the 'inner circle' during print to
cd/dvds? You can reduce the circle a little, but not all the way down
to the size of the inner...
Forum: Printers November 22nd 06, 11:36 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By thoss
MP760 alternative

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 AnthonyL wrote:

I'm looking for a reasonable quality all-round multifunction printer
and the model that seemed to fit the bill with reasonably good reviews
was the Canon...
Forum: Printers November 2nd 06, 12:30 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By thoss
HPGL question

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 John M wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to specify a user-defined HPGL coordinate system where
the origin (0,0) of the HPGL coordinate system is the (arbitrary) position
of the...
Forum: Printers October 31st 06, 05:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By thoss
dot matrix printer ribbon shelf life?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 Warren Block wrote:

thoss wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 Warren Block wrote:

For the price of a 6-pack of ribbons, you can probably get a used...
Forum: Printers October 30th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By thoss
dot matrix printer ribbon shelf life?

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 wrote:

I have a Star NX-1000 non-color 9 pin dot-matrix printer.

It works fine, but I don't use it very much. Ribbons are getting
harder to find. I can...
Forum: Printers October 30th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

wrote:
I have a Star NX-1000 non-color 9 pin dot-matrix printer.

It works fine, but I don't use it very...
Forum: Printers September 3rd 06, 10:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 34
Posted By thoss
Fading photos - Why?

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 zakezuke wrote:

John Jones wrote:
TVM. Someone mentioned thought that laminating would help..someone else
recommended top coat UVprotection aerosol spray....do you think...
Forum: Printers August 27th 06, 10:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By thoss
Canon iP4000 not printing black on CDs

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 Mike wrote:

any idea where instructions for removing the print head are. i cant
find it under any of the help topics

The print head is the cradle holding the ink tanks. To...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors July 31st 06, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 4
Posted By thoss
John Lewis - Computer Vendor?

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 CJB wrote:

Anyone had any experience at purchasing a laptop from John Lewis
please? CJB.

I remember some time ago - maybe ten years - Computer Shopper did a
comparison shop...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 26th 06, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 123
Posted By thoss
Correct angle for keyboard

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 Trev wrote:

How on earth did those typists manage with three hights of keys, no wrist
pads and having to put even force behind the key's.

How on earth do organists...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28