Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Otto Sykora
Forum: Printers September 24th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Otto Sykora
Photosmart 2570 scanner on LAN?

I have following problem:

HP Photosmart all in one was originaly installed with network cable
and one computer only. The printer choosed some own IP, assigned a
local IP address to my computer and...
Forum: Printers August 16th 07, 04:00 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Otto Sykora
ripping issues

i had a customer telling me that because the printer driver is installed on
the server it takes twice longer for the job to be printed because it's
being ripped twice, once on the server and...
Forum: Printers July 17th 07, 08:32 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP Removed Drivers

believe the key phrase is "no longer able" and in private discussions with
various non-HP parties I believe this is true.

some drivers are just called w9x
Those we can still find under w95...
Forum: Printers July 13th 07, 11:54 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP Removed Drivers

That the whole 'not supported OS by MS' story is quite a nonsense we
can see from tha fact that drivers for w3.1 where they were avaiable
still are here. Or is w3.1 supported by MS??
Forum: Printers July 13th 07, 11:54 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP Removed Drivers

and there are many people actualy forced by legal matters to use such
things as w98
I am one of them.
Number of hardware-software solution produced some years ago can not
be done under later...
Forum: Printers July 12th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
An open apology to HP and others (driver issues)

I think, there should be as many people as possible writing letters,
e-mail and particularly occupying the chat supporters with requests
for drivers so long until einther HP gives up this policy, or...
Forum: Printers July 12th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
An open apology to HP and others (driver issues)

I find that this policy by HP is a disastry.
All other industry where also intel or what ever still keeps drivers
ready when they were done one time, no real need for maintenance for
it, the OS does...
Forum: Printers July 12th 07, 11:10 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 109
Posted By Otto Sykora
An open apology to HP and others (driver issues)

as I am also frequent user of older OS and hardware (I have to use it
for many purposes) , I care abt this subject very much.

So if some complain action is planned, I am part of it
Forum: Printers June 5th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Otto Sykora
print to file - without altering the original file

BUt if you print to the pdf printer, this one does automaticaly the
creation of a file and directs it to a folder, on the other hand it
does indeed use postscript for the conversion, therefore AFAIK...
Forum: Printers April 25th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Otto Sykora
Printer Prints Only Hypertext

do you have black ink still full?
if no black ink then it could print the blue hypertext only .
Forum: Dell Computers April 24th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Otto Sykora
install linux on inspiron b120

appart from built in winmodems, all the rest should work well.
Forum: Printers April 13th 07, 12:59 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Otto Sykora
psc 1200 cleaning heads without computer?

My wife uses the printer hp psc 1200 just as a copy machine, without a
computer.
How is it possible to clean the printing heads or initialize the
cleaning procedure just from the operating panel...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By Otto Sykora
Acronis Vista Restore Didn't Work

Yes, what version of Acronis you use?

Recently , my boss reported to me, that he had also problems restoring
images done with acronis 8 and 9. All got messed up.

After taking acronis 10 (think it...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 07, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By Otto Sykora
latitude 110L not starting

I was given one Latitude 110L to tr yto fix. It will power on when on
battery , but definitely not on mains power supply and it also will
not charge the battery.

Any tech experts here?
Note : we...
Forum: Printers April 10th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By Otto Sykora
What is faster between USB1 and parallel connector

as we do not know the type of the printer one can not say for sure,
but in general the speed of normal kind of home printer will not
matter , since there is anyway no way the printer will use...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Otto Sykora
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems -- no DVD to fix it!

yes but Ben, again who in their right minds wants Linux.........

Banks, universities, governments, telcos, ISP's, search engines, Tivo,
are the first few things that come to mind.

in...
Forum: Dell Computers March 8th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Otto Sykora
floppy for latitude C400?

I just bought an old Latitude C 400.

It has a special box with CD drive in it connected and apparently this
could be removed and also floppy drive inserted.
But what type of floppy drive should this...
Forum: Printers March 8th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP PSC 2210

You neglected to inform the person that after uninstalling first it is a
good idea to reboot (cold boot) since many times the uninstall program
does not clear memory or the registry.

yes ,...
Forum: Printers March 8th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP photosmart 2575 and cardreder problem

does anybody have an advise for me how to solve it? How to stop the
computer to search for some apparently non reachable drive on the
printer?
Forum: Printers March 5th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP PSC 2210

it might be something similar to following:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00836418&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=441241&rule=41636&lang=en
Forum: Printers March 5th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP PSC 2210

long story to write down, but go to the hp website and then to support
and then enter the name of your printer...

then under the many possible problems, you will find under almost any
of those all...
Forum: Printers March 2nd 07, 03:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP photosmart 2575 and cardreder problem

My Photosmart 2575 is connected via network to my computer.

At beginning, it was scanning for a possible memory card placed in the
build in card reder in the 2575. When it did found one, it made it...
Forum: Printers March 1st 07, 03:15 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP Photosmart 2610 on Network

I think not you , but the guys who did the software are wrong.

Same on my side with the photosmart 2575.

It seems it can allways find the printer somehow, this part is somehow
stable.
On LAN, the...
Forum: Printers March 1st 07, 12:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP2575 scanner problem

I am brave in that respect in general, but have seen that this one is
still under waranty so will bring it where it came from.

Ust wonder:
got a new HP2575 , exactly the same. Conntected it to the...
Forum: Printers February 23rd 07, 03:36 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Otto Sykora
HP2575 scanner problem

I checkd the scanner now , and it is as follows.

the scanner warms up and scanns the page as usual.
The Lamp moves across the page as usual from right to left.
It stops short on the far left side,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47