Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Compaq Computers November 10th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Sorry, me again - beep warnings and BIOS stall on Deskpro EN

This is good. Thanks. I suppose my attitude to computers' batteries
is coloured by having used laptops only for several years, and the
forbidding manuals' suggestion of returning the machines to...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 10th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Sorry, me again - beep warnings and BIOS stall on Deskpro EN

Well, I've switched it on this morning, and unless I'm mistaken the
BIOS defaults I applied seem to have cured things. Touch wood. At
any rate, it sounds that if I do have battery trouble I'll be...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 10th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Sorry, me again - beep warnings and BIOS stall on Deskpro EN

I'm hoping this is going to be simple because the machine is otherwise
working fine with the exception of the floppy drive, but my Deskpro
SFF 886 mhz seems to have some kind of problem which I'm...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 8th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Deskpro EN - RAM advice?

It's a Deskpro slim desktop type, 866 mhz, with Windows 2000 pro SP4
and all updates installed.

On Nov 8, 3:06*pm, wrote:
The 256 mb card fitted is a CL2 type. *If I put...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 8th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Deskpro EN - RAM advice?

The 256 mb card fitted is a CL2 type. If I put the same RAM size but
CL3, will the diference be negligible? I understand this will make
the CL2 work at CL3 speed, but is the difference between this...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 8th 08, 11:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Deskpro EN - RAM advice?

I almost forgot - this computer came with a single 256 mb RAM card in,
DIMM, 133mhz etc. According to Crucial.com it should only have up to
three 128 mb cards. It seems fine. Can I safely add a...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 8th 08, 11:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Floppy drive won't recognise disks - help?

The remaining problem with this DeskPro EN 866 sff is that the floppy
drive won't work. Initially the seller, a refurbishing company, seem
to have not plugged the power connector in (labelled P2?),...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 8th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
display adaptor problem with Deskpro EN - advise?

Yes, it's an SFF, and it's all sorted now - thanks very much all!
Except, I now have a problem with the floppy drive. See new post.

Lee

On Nov 8, 1:16*am, "William R....
Forum: Compaq Computers November 7th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
display adaptor problem with Deskpro EN - advise?

Hello, hope someone here can help, though I've put the post elsewhere
too. I wanted a computer separate from my Vista laptop for specific
tasks and have bought a refurbished Compaq Deskpro En, 886...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9