Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: g
Forum: General February 1st 11, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By g
choosing a wider computer monitor for a HP xw 4600 workstation

On 1/30/2011 8:39 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:

Well, my question was do I need to worry about if the video card has
HDCP keys or not? I realize the datasheet at
Forum: General January 31st 11, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By g
choosing a wider computer monitor for a HP xw 4600 workstation

On 1/30/2011 6:59 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:
The user has NVIDIA Quadro FX 370 and the link at
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/40049/NV_DS_QFX_370_LowProfile.pdf
mentions resolutions upto 1920...
Forum: General January 30th 11, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By g
choosing a wider computer monitor for a HP xw 4600 workstation

On 1/29/2011 11:03 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:
A user has a HP xw 4600 workstation with a 17inch monitor. He needs a
larger monitor due to the work he is doing. I glanced at the HP site
and...
Forum: General January 30th 11, 10:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk

On 1/30/2011 2:03 AM, PeeCee wrote:
On 30/01/2011 2:21 p.m., g wrote:
A user has a HP xw 4600 workstation with a 17inch monitor. He needs a
larger monitor due to the work he is doing. I...
Forum: General January 30th 11, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 10
Posted By g
choosing a wider computer monitor for a HP xw 4600 workstation

A user has a HP xw 4600 workstation with a 17inch monitor. He needs a
larger monitor due to the work he is doing. I glanced at the HP site and
see some different sizes of monitors...
Forum: General January 25th 11, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By g
getting a memory chip replacement for Gateway 450ROG Model notebook

On 1/24/2011 8:52 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:

Test #5), you can bump up the Vdimm voltage to make the error go away.

Just curious, how does bumping up Vdimm voltage makes the error go...
Forum: General January 25th 11, 01:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By g
getting a memory chip replacement for Gateway 450ROG Model notebook

On 1/24/2011 5:54 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:

Thanks, this is the part where I am confused. This machine was having
Windows Blue Screen of Death issues(due to some IRQ faults). I tried
Forum: General January 24th 11, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By g
getting a memory chip replacement for Gateway 450ROG Model notebook

On 1/24/2011 4:58 PM, Paul wrote:

Have you thought of using Ebay to buy your DDR memory? You could get
it for a lot less than the links you listed. Keep in mind that you can
use PC2700 in...
Forum: General January 24th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By g
getting a memory chip replacement for Gateway 450ROG Model notebook

On 1/24/2011 3:47 PM, Ken wrote:
g wrote:
On 1/24/2011 1:33 PM, Joel wrote:
wrote:

The manual http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Mobile/9528975.pdf
mentions...
Forum: General January 24th 11, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 1/24/2011 1:33 PM, Joel wrote:
wrote:

The manual http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Mobile/9528975.pdf
mentions to use only memory modules designed for Gateway 450ROG...
Forum: General January 24th 11, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By g
getting a memory chip replacement for Gateway 450ROG Model notebook

The manual http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Mobile/9528975.pdf
mentions to use only memory modules designed for Gateway 450ROG or
450RGH on pgae 87

From the components for this...
Forum: General December 7th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By g
suggestions for an international travel adapter/converter

On 12/6/2010 6:05 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/6/2010 4:57 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
In John McGaw
wrote:

If your...
Forum: General December 6th 10, 10:03 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By g
suggestions for an international travel adapter/converter

What would be a suitable travel adapter for a user who wants to use his
Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook in Europe(Italy, England), Africa(Nigeria),
Jamaica when traveling? Mainly, the user is in...
Forum: General November 7th 10, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By g
suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

On 11/6/2010 7:27 PM, VanguardLH wrote:

I get your point, know how to do that and will do that for future posts.
Just thought after posting here that posting to the helpdesk group might
Forum: General November 6th 10, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By g
suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

On 11/5/2010 9:22 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
g wrote:

The desktops we have in office are HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible
Minitower or HP xw4600 Workstation and a Dell Optiplex 980. The laptops
Forum: General November 6th 10, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 11/5/2010 6:44 PM, Paul wrote:
g wrote:

The desktops we have in office are HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible
Minitower or HP xw4600 Workstation and a Dell Optiplex 980. The
laptops are...
Forum: General November 5th 10, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By g
suggestions for getting a PC toolkit and extension cord

The desktops we have in office are HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible
Minitower or HP xw4600 Workstation and a Dell Optiplex 980. The laptops
are mainly Dell latitude 510, HP Compaq 2710p. Any...
Forum: General September 18th 10, 06:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/17/2010 2:49 PM, Mike wrote:
Find out if dell does anything to the drive so that only dell's version will
work in a dell laptop. Likely not.

Dell does not tell that. They wanted to sell a...
Forum: General September 17th 10, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/16/2010 9:35 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 9/16/2010 7:39 PM, g wrote:
On 9/16/2010 7:17 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 9/16/2010 4:25 PM, g wrote:
On 9/16/2010 4:25 PM, Grinder wrote:
Dell...
Forum: General September 17th 10, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 9/16/2010 4:25 PM, g wrote:
On 9/16/2010 4:25 PM, Grinder wrote:
Dell has it
Forum: General September 16th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/16/2010 4:25 PM, Grinder wrote:
Dell has it
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/System_Drives/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A2387323

but I don't know why they could...
Forum: General September 16th 10, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/16/2010 2:34 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 9/16/2010 10:15 AM, g wrote:
On 9/15/2010 11:24 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 9/15/2010 7:09 PM, g wrote:
On 9/15/2010 7:15 PM, Paul...
Forum: General September 16th 10, 04:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/15/2010 11:24 PM, Grinder wrote:
On 9/15/2010 7:09 PM, g wrote:
On 9/15/2010 7:15 PM, Paul wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Well, I warned the user to replace it at
the...
Forum: General September 16th 10, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By g
fixing a faulty harddrive of a Dell Inspiron 1010 netbook

On 9/15/2010 8:09 PM, g wrote:
On 9/15/2010 7:15 PM, Paul wrote:

I used it and for Current Pending Sector I see values like Current
190, Worst 190, Threshold 0, Data 275, Status OK. The...
Forum: General September 16th 10, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 9/15/2010 7:15 PM, Paul wrote:

I used it and for Current Pending Sector I see values like Current
190, Worst 190, Threshold 0, Data 275, Status OK. The overall Health
Status is OK. What...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36