Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Cohen
Forum: Dell Computers April 10th 11, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Cohen
USB flash drives & photo printing kiosks

On 4/7/2011 1:59 PM, ps56k wrote:
I have a small USB flash/thumb drive on my keychain
that I use for a variety of uses... just in case type things.

Anyway - I have repeatedly had problems
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 7th 10, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.anti-virus
Replies: 38
Posted By Dave Cohen
Encryption: how big a key to you need for security? 14 digitsnow?

On 11/5/2010 10:19 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Nov 5, 1:28 pm, wrote:

It sounds to me, like you need a newsgroup related to cryptography.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 4th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.anti-virus

On 11/3/2010 9:51 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:

| A few years ago, 8 digits was OK. Then it was 12. Now, with
| Ophcrack, they say you need 14?!

Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 10, 04:41 AM Posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 231
Posted By Dave Cohen
Seriously, has anybody ever seen a serious virus problem in Windowswhen using AV protection?

On 3/23/2010 2:49 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
Buffalo wrote:

Peter K�hlmann wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:

Seriously, has anybody seen--or even heard--of a serious virus
Forum: Cdr May 13th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Cohen
Converting internal cd burner to external

smh wrote:
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
Forum: Cdr June 9th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Cohen
A Message to SMH

Mike Powers wrote:
I recognize that you have problems with Mike Richter.
I will even say that your advice to help people is better than his.
I posted a request for help a few years back and...
Forum: Cdr April 15th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Cohen
Easy CD Creator multisession needs import previous

Paul wrote:
This is a repost, since original didn't appear after about 12 hours.

I am using Easy CD/Media Creator to burn an additional session onto a
CD. If I don't import the previous...
Forum: Cdr April 5th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Cohen
drag-to-disc

Paul wrote:
On Apr 2, 11:16 pm, Paul wrote:
On Apr 1, 7:51 pm, Marlin Singer
wrote:

Paul wrote:
Roxio's...
Forum: Cdr April 4th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Cohen
drag-to-disc

Paul wrote:
On Apr 1, 7:51 pm, Marlin Singer
wrote:
Paul wrote:
Roxio's drag-to-disc often-times makes the CD unreadable at the
destination computer...
Forum: Cdr March 31st 08, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Cohen
DVD data backup: RecordNow

I got an internal DVD burner last summer, LG Super/Multi. I just now
put it into a NexStar DX housing, and connected to a USB 2...
Forum: Cdr March 20th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Cohen
DVD data backup: Nero Express, PowerDVD/Producer, RecordNow

wrote:
I got an internal DVD burner last summer, LG Super/Multi. I just now
put it into a NexStar DX housing, and connected to a USB 2 port. It
shows up in Windows XP...
Forum: Cdr February 23rd 08, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave Cohen
New DVD burner recommendation, please

Nil wrote:
On 19 Feb 2008, (Mike S.) wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

Many of the tech inclined like Lite-On, especially because they
are cheap and hackable. There is...
Forum: Cdr January 29th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Cohen
How to copy-protect a CD ?

newyear wrote:
Not to break but i know someone doing a business CD and hes wondering
how to put some copy protection on it

its a noddy webpage leading to the links to different docs and...
Forum: Cdr January 27th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave Cohen
Printing to NON inject printable CDs and DVDs

DanG wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Terryc wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
I want to...
Forum: Cdr January 16th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Cohen
archive media - long term storage

Jim Michaels wrote:
though it is not archival media, it is a good quality media: Taiyo Yuden
media lasts 100 years in a cool dark place, shelf life of 30 years.
pretty much, any regular...
Forum: Cdr January 10th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave Cohen
ISO ?

RobF wrote:
Am trying to prepare a memtest 86-3.4 iso file, which I guess is supposed to
be bootable. I run the .iso file through the burn program at lowest
available speed, 16X (2400KBs). I...
Forum: Cdr December 31st 07, 03:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Cohen
Best moderate price CD-Rs?

Bill Johnston wrote:
I asked around about this about 6 years ago when I first bought a
burner. The advice was that Mad in Taiwan was questionable, and Made
in Japan was good, regardless of...
Forum: Cdr December 14th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Cohen
Adding a new cdr drive changed letter names and drive name?

psongman wrote:
I already did all this. Why do all the people in all these forums keep
saying stuff that you already did. This has happened in the last 3 or
4 threads I have started in Google...
Forum: Cdr December 10th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Cohen
Burning ISO file to CD

Michael Bednarek wrote:
snipped

Is
there a way to unpack the ISO file without burning it to a CD? If I
could do that, maybe I could burn it with all the separate files
instead of from...
Forum: Cdr December 10th 07, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 10
Posted By Dave Cohen
Adding a new cdr drive changed letter names and drive name?

psongman wrote:
HI, I went to burn my new cd I recorded after I had installed a new
Liteon burner last week. Wow, it gave me the only option of burning on
the other cd drive that is just an...
Forum: Cdr November 29th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Cohen
CD burning errors

Nil wrote:
On 27 Nov 2007, wrote in alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:32:36 -0600, Nil
wrote:

Is this problem most...
Forum: Cdr November 24th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave Cohen
Cannot save WAV files under original file name w/ Nero

thanatoid wrote:
Kompu Kid wrote in

oups.com:

Hello all:

I've got Nero Wave Editor 2.0.0.37 as...
Forum: Cdr November 24th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Cohen
Pls, help me.................. Thanks in Advanced

RAJ wrote:
On Nov 23, 5:37 pm, (Mike S.) wrote:
In article ,

RAJ ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 22nd 07, 05:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave Cohen
BACKUP & RECOVERY: Please share your strategies + software product(s)you prefer (MBR, NTLDR, PARTITIONS, DISK IMAGES etc.)

MISS CHIEVOUS wrote:
Hey Guys,

This summer I purchased Symantec's PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 and GHOST 10.0
- in part to implement a backup strategy for use with two 500 GB PATA
drives I just...
Forum: Cdr November 22nd 07, 05:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr