Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 07, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott
Hard drive performance - how to measure

Skybuck - I will check this out. Thank you very much for your help.

Scott

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:56:37 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 07, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott
Hard drive performance - how to measure

Hi, I'm working on a new computer that I will mainly use
for personal stuff, but I'll also be doing some database
work that requires high storage performance.

It shouldnt if its properly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 31st 07, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott
Hard drive performance - how to measure

Hi, I'm working on a new computer that I will mainly use for personal
stuff, but I'll also be doing some database work that requires high
storage performance.

My system is based on the EVGA 680i...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 31st 07, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott
Dumb question - speaker connection on EVGA 680i motherboard

Ok, really dumb question here everyone - where on the motherboard do I
connect the speakers from the cabinet? I've read through the manual -
the diagram on page 11 doesn't show it, and the helpful...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 07, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott
Opinions on new system

Hi, I'm taking the plunge and going to try and build my next system.
Main reason is because I want a 4 drive RAID0+1 array (I do a lot of
database work and want fast IO), and none of the name brand...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 06, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott
Recommendations for newbie home built PC

Paul, the ICH8R stuff, supporting two arrays (one with 4 drives,
one with 2) is actually exactly what I want.

I was aware that a 4 drive RAID1 system actually gives 4x read speed
but only 2x...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 06, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott
Recommendations for newbie home built PC

I didn't even realize this was something I could have done. I'll check
around and see if I can find a store that would do it for me.

Thanks for the idea!
Scott

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:45:13 GMT,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott
Recommendations for newbie home built PC

Wow, another great idea. Thanks - again, didn't know "barebones"
systems even existed.

The main reason I want to build this is NOT for the "fun" of building
one...too busy for that. I'm just having...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 06, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Scott
Recommendations for newbie home built PC

Hi, I'm interested in building my own PC - mainly because I can't find
a name-brand that's able to accomodate my needs. Please keep in mind
that this will be my first build...I'm perfectly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 06, 09:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Scott
Recommendations for PC

Hi, I'd like to create a fairly high-end PC. I do a lot of database
work, so I'd like to set up RAID in the following configuration:

2 drives mirrored for my "secure" data (pictures, files, etc.)
4...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott
Question motherboards and RAID

Hi, I'm thinking about building myself a new system (its been a LONG
time since the last one), and have a question current motherboards
and how they support RAID functionality.

I'd like to do...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12